Skip to main content

Freebie and Bargain of the Week

A few things this week so far. 

The bargain was getting 3 for 2 on something I was going to buy three of anyway. I don't wear much make up and hardly ever in the summer, but I decided to shake things up a bit. With the discount I paid less than £7 for my three items. I also received a free fluffy furry pom pom, not really my kind of thing so I gave it to a friend at the charity shop.

Second freebie was also something I didn't keep. I bought some chocolates for our advent calendar from Holland and Barrett and the very lovely lady in there, who I always have a nice chat with gave me some freebies, as I was leaving and told me they were worth about £10. When I got outside I noticed they were for snail gel! So I went back and forth about it thinking I could pass them to someone or something but instead I decided to be brave and take them back saying thanks but no thanks. I wouldn't normally bother, but snail gel! She pulled a sad face at me as I left the shop, she's so funny. 

Third freebie of the week is tonight, Dan has booked for us to hear a talk about Edinburgh Weavers at a local gallery. I feel a bit weird about going as when we checked the start time online we couldn't find any mention of the event. So Dan contacted the gallery to be told it's not online as it's a private event. She was happy for us still to attend so we're going! I'll just have to make sure I'm on my best behaviour!

Shopping for this week has come in at £2.85, for almond milk, chickpeas and bunny greens, I am more than happy with that!

Comments

  1. Nice to know I am not the only one who refuses freebies, if its not something I would usually use I decline it, let some-one who uses it have it, snail gel what on earth are you suppose to do with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, there's no point in taking something just because it's there in my view.

      Snail gel is supposedly very good for making the skin smooth, or crawl in my case!

      Delete
  2. I impressed myself with a haul of yellow stickers last night, I am not usually that lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, I love it when that happens, we often get the odd one or two, but not often more than that.

      Delete
  3. The Edinburgh Weavers talk sounds interesting. Good for you taking the snail gel back to the shop. There's nothing wrong with sticking to your beliefs and saying thanks but no thanks. Working for H&B I'm sure she understood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting, well worth getting wet for!

      Delete
  4. Second time reading blogs I had to look up what something was-snail gel. I'd have probably just kept it and passed on, but hey,if it is the wonderful stuff it says, maybe I'd keep it for my aging eye area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did toy with the idea of passing it on, but decided against it. I'm sure it is good stuff, it's expensive enough!

      Delete
  5. I would have declined the snail gel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would a person use snail gel for???? That is something we don't have in Canada, or at least I don't think we have it.

    I hope you have fun at your talk tonight.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smooths the skin according to the packet I read.

      The talk was really interesting, we had a great time.

      Delete
  7. Perhaps that is where the phrase "can't even give it away" comes from . . . Like you, I won't take soemthing we will never use, even if there is no charge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so. I'm glad I'm not the only one to refuse freebies.

      Delete

Post a Comment