Friday, 4 November 2016

A Small Grumble About A Very Minor Inconvenience

I don't like to whinge, but I'm going to have a bit of a whinge today. My new shoes arrived yesterday and I was so disappointed with them, they've only been out of the box long enough for me to take these pictures - 


Before I'd even touched them I saw this small bit of damage and told Dan they were going back. Then I noticed another bit

ok, maybe you can't see that one, but it's there!
And another


And another


Seriously, who is going to wear these and pay over £70 for the honour of doing so? I had such high hopes as Dan bought his work shoes from this company, he usually goes through shoes like a crazy shoe person but he's had these for well over a year (that's a long time for him). His new shoes are great, I was just unlucky.

I'm not being rude about the company as they have a great reputation, the delivery time was fantastic and the customer service has been good. I'm just so disappointed on this occasion that the quality control wasn't there before the order was despatched. Off to New Look for me this afternoon. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh now that's just annoying. How frustrating when you have high hopes for something for it to be a let down and, no doubt, you will now have to go to the trouble of returning them. I hope you manage to find yourself a replacement pair. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure something will show up. I don't really like online shopping for exactly this reason, but finding good non-leather shoes isn't always easy.

      Delete
  2. That is awful, they should have been checked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a simple thing that could have saved this from happening.

      Delete
  3. How disappointing! I hope you don't have to pay to return them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully returns are free, and at least the Post Office is near the charity shop so I don't have too much faff to return them.

      Delete
  4. I don't blame you for sending those back. Sometimes in the past when I was working I've bought stuff online and found minor faults and decided to keep it but now if it's not perfect it goes back. £70 is not an isignificant amount to spend and to be quite honest buying new they should be perfect. Last year on one of my rare successful charity shop jaunts in Henley I found a lovely pair of Office black patent leather Chelsea boots for £2.50 they looked brand new and I've worn them loads I love them. I wish all my charity shop excursions were as fruitful lol. Good luck in New Look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like online shopping for this reason, when I buy from an actual shop I can pick and choose the items I want.

      What a great spot from the charity shop, we do get some lovely shoes at my charity shop but as I don't wear leather it's not much use to me.

      Delete
  5. It's obvious those have been sold before and returned and just not checked for damages before selling them to you. That happened to me once in the past and I was disappointed as are you. I hope you can find a replacement pair you're happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping in. I did think they had maybe been sold before then just sent on to me. I am on the hunt for a replacement.

      Delete
  6. The company will send them back to the manufacturer and get a full refund too. The feedback will be helpful to them as they can check the line for other faulty goods that might have slipped through and it is a good opportunity for them to check their procedures and tighten up so it doesn't happen again. Frustrating for you though.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this constructive comment. Dan, as the order was in his name, has provided feedback to the company. I agree with you totally, feedback is so important, it's important to let companies and services know about things, otherwise there is no chance for things to improve. We can't solve problems we don't know about.

      Delete
  7. Such a shame it didn't work out, but you don't know until you try. I am not a fan of on line shopping I like the experience of going to the shop and trying them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like online shopping either, but finding nice shoes can be difficult. I much prefer trying before I buy.

      Delete