Tuesday, 18 October 2016

The Start Of Something

I know it's early to be thinking about the December Festival, but this little make is for the charity shop, not for me so it needs to be finished in good time, and by the start of next month I'll be dreading the whole event and won't be in the mood.

I'm making a festive wreath. I've wanted to make one for a while but don't need one for here as 1. I probably wouldn't get round to using it 2. my Mum made me one. 

I made a start in the gloom yesterday and this morning I've started to adorn it with flowers


The hoop cost £4 and the glittery ribbon was 49p, I'm after some gold beads, hopefully a necklace will show up at the shop, and I may be able to have a look in the button box for some extras, everything else will hopefully come from my stash so with any luck it will cost less than a fiver.

I am in two minds about making something to hang in the centre, what say you? Any other advice welcomed.

10 comments:

  1. I think it will be pretty with continuing what you have already started.
    I think simple is best x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think simple is best too.

      Delete
  2. Love the vibrant colour you are using, a great make and will certainly make the shop look festive. Go with the flow you will know when you see it if it needs something in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like it, although the manager told me yesterday she's going for a black and white theme this year...

      Delete
  3. I think it looks beautiful so far and cosy-looking too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wreath is looking lovely. How about a couple of baubles. Maybe 2 red, 2 gold or one of each to complement the colours you are using.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought about baubles too, I don't have any here, but I do have some jingle bells in red and gold, I could use them instead.

      Delete
    2. Bells would be just as good.
      Carolx

      Delete
    3. I hope so, I'll try them and see how it looks, thanks for your input.

      Delete