Skip to main content

Small Things

Five small things that have made me happy this week - 


This sight makes me very happy in the morning. A nice clear sink area. Dan is very good, he almost always does the washing up, but sometimes things are left to drain. But on days like this, as the sun comes up here we are, off to a good start!

I also decluttered a 5kg kettlebell yesterday, I've owned it for about 2 years, maybe longer, it has rarely been used and mainly served as a really ugly doorstop/ something for Dan to stub his toe on. 

I bought an oven glove for 99p from the charity shop, brand new with tags. I only had a pot holder before this so it was a pain (literally) when it was in the wash.

Chatted with some lovely people at the charity shop yesterday. One lady was telling me about the twiddle muffs she makes for various care homes, but also that they now make twiddle aprons, so people don't drop them and can use them wherever they are - what a brilliant idea!

Brushed cotton sheets, so comfy, not good for jumping out of bed first thing!



Comments

  1. I am with you on the sink, such a lovely feeling to have a clean sink and indeed kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to find that if the sink is clear then the rest of the kitchen is tidy too. Same with the living room, on the exceptionally rare occasion there's nothing on the coffee table then everything else is super clean and tidy too.

      Delete
  2. The twiddle aprons sound great!! Ha, I love it when the washing up is done. Sadly, it rarely does get done like that and put away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure you, it's not like this today!

      Delete
  3. I loved your point about a clean sink... Mine is clean when I head to bed, but in the morning I find Harvey has had a snack or two and put the dishes in the sink.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief to find someone like me.clean bedding dried outside put back on the bed smelling nature fresh.good bath nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, good to have you here. Yes, line dried bedding is the best!

      Delete
  5. I definitely appreciate a nice clean sink area. Unfortunately it doesn't happen all that often. A good five. You're right, it is the little things that matter. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A clean sink area just makes things so much easier, it means I don't have to do things before I get to do the thing I had planned. I am all about the little things this week, I had a few conversations at the charity shop that made me appreciate what I have a lot this week.

      Delete
  6. I like a nice clear sink but it doesn't happen very often. Some of my friends and I also make (knit) tiddle muffs and we have done lap blankets too, but aprons (for sewers) is a great idea. I find that making male oriantated muffs difficult to decorate because there isn't much embelichments to find.
    Brush cotton sheets are nice warm and snuggly - Love them too
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine finding male embellishments are more difficult to find. Twiddle muffs are such a great idea. Someone brought one into the shop to show us a year or so ago, as a result a few of the knitters have started making them too. It's good to talk!

      Delete

Post a Comment