Friday, 28 October 2016

Ready For The Weekend

a slightly terrifying image of me entertaining The Princess
Our plans for a do nothing weekend have flown out of the window, but it's a good thing. My parents asked if they could visit with "a niece". "Which one?" asked Dan with more than a hint of worry in his voice. "The Princess, not The Wild Thing" I replied, "Phew!" said he. So that's one day taken up in a whirlwind of swings, toy cars, noise and demands for me to perform ridiculous physical feats, should be fun. 

I always have a Friday Blitz around the house, but today things will also go into a box into the garage and more cushions will appear - my house is not child friendly in the slightest, lots of sharp edges and we need plenty of padding for all the sitting on the floor we have to do!

I branched out and made lentil soup yesterday, hardly any spices at all!


Blending a third of the mixture gave it a great texture, something I learned yesterday. 


Another thing I learned yesterday was how to make broccoli taste nice when stirfried - just stirfry for a couple of minutes, add a splash of water, cover and cook for a few minutes more, perfect! "Like a takeaway" said Dan, high praise. 


It was a bit beyond by the time Dan got home, half term visitors are making travel sloooooow this week. 


He's requested the same again tonight, nice and easy, different sauce tonight, I wasn't too bothered about the shop bought one. Here's to the weekend, but hopefully not an end to my week of enjoying the small things!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend playing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It really was, even better second time round when I made my own sauce.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, how did you make the tofu look so nice like that! Did you marinade it in the teriyaki? I have some in the cupboard...
    Ha, I ADORE the picture of you in the tube- so funny!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used the sauce as a marinade, just press and cut the tofu as usual, coat in the sauce and leave for a while, if you like the outside more crispy toss it in a little bit of flour, then bake for 45 minutes or so at 190C. If you're not going to eat it straight away no need to toss with flour as it won't make a difference.

      Delete