Skip to main content

Melanie Was Right!

Quite unsurprisingly.

Last week when I posted about my new jacket the lovely Melanie commented that it would have been part of a set. 

Today when I arrived at the charity shop this was waiting for me 



Another volunteer had set the skirt aside for me, I don't know who told her I'd bought the jacket, but it was very nice of them.



Hooray! It fits nicely, and although it's longer than I'd usually wear, it's a lovely length. I don't know if I'll wear the two together, but I'll certainly wear both separately. I did pay for it!

The cobbled together crumble went down really well, I nicked a bit of bunny broccoli to go with it which was very nice indeed,. I added cumin, coriander, dulse, smoked and sweet paprika, a small amount of stock, passata and seasoning to make the sauce. This is what it looked like before cooking



and after, the v-pud started to come apart and thickened the sauce even further to make a really rich dish.


All hail the pantry!

Comments

  1. It's lovely and looks a great winter length, could be fab with a black roll neck :) it's so nice that the set will remain together, well done Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A black roll neck is just what I was thinking, although yesterday I wore it with a white, black and orange top - why not! If the tailor in town is ever open I may get the jacket altered slightly to make it more fitted, we shall see.

      Delete
  2. That was so nice of your volunteer colleagues and a great skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so comfortable. Joan is just the most wonderful lady.

      Delete
  3. Lovely co worker to set the skirt aside for you. I think I would wear them separately as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a little gem that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Hey that's very nice of her! The crumble looks great!!!Clever pantry!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crumble was fab.

      I work alongside some very splendid people.

      Delete
  5. Isn't that wonderful. The skirt is lovely.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely of her to do it, I'm so happy with the skirt.

      Delete

Post a Comment