Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Hero Product

I very occasionally talk about my favourite possessions, the things that really make things easier for me. For the other items so far you can see herehere and here.



Today it's the turn of my measuring cups and spoons.

The measuring spoons are particularly brilliant as they came from a Christmas cracker! I do have a dessertspoon sized one but it's elsewhere as I use it to measure out laundry crystals. 

I use one or more of these every day, it saves messing about with scales as I know what I need for whichever grain or pulse we're eating that day and all that kind of stuff. They were probably the best tool I had when I lost 42lbs in weight a decade ago, they help me to reach things from deep shelves, and of course I use them as a cat scaring device when they get too close to the birds. 

Now I think of it, the chopping block is important in our world too, as well as using it for the intended purpose it's bit enough to cover the hole in the worktop!


10 comments:

  1. i have a couple of bottle openers i got in crackers. one is on my keyring and great for when were away and dont have one where we are staying. the other one lives in the cutlery drawer and gets used pretty regularly.

    dont you just love good quality usable cracker gifts? i now dont even buy crackers unless they contain ones i can use. i make my own instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bottle opener is a really good gift. I've remembered another good one, and I think they were from the same pack of crackers as the measuring spoons - mini screwdrivers. We have a set of really decent mini screwdrivers, they've come in handy over the years.

      Delete
  2. I am for ANYthing that makes life easier...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A person always seems to overlook the smaller items in their home. Thank you for reminding me how important these are in my daily life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, that's a lovely thing to read.

      Delete
  4. You can occasionally get some useful items out of Christmas crackers. Years ago I got some small fold up scissors which really came in handy and I also have some of those small screwdrivers which come into their own when my glasses get a bit loose. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, fold up scissors would be an excellent thing, those little screwdrivers really are useful. I'm going to be on the lookout for crackers with quality gifts this year I think.

      Delete
  5. I loved my melamine measuring cups, but half got broke in a fall from the cupboard, I was so cross! I then replaced them with Poundland ones but the handles have no substance and scooping flour is a pain as the handle bends alarmingly. Ultimately they'll be used for bunny food, sugar, et cetera and for flour and denser measuring I have a set of stoneware ones on my amazon wish list x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, what a shame. I love the melamine ones but I know I couldn't be trusted with them! None of my cookware is particularly pretty - form follows function in this area!

      Delete