Skip to main content

Tenth Night









 This weekend saw the 10th night I'd spent away from home since March 2003, we went to London, because why wouldn't we? We only had a small budget so Dan suggested we reclaim the credit we had on our Oyster cards, use that for spending money and walk everywhere instead. Fine by me! As we don't go away all that often we like to do and see as much as we can. 

On Saturday morning we had muddy fun on the beach!




We saw the model of London across the river, ready for burning as part of the Great Fire 350 programme to mark the 350th anniversary of the Great Fire of London.


We messed about in The Tanks at Tate Modern



Then we thought we'd better eat some lunch so we could focus all our attention on the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition, the primary reason for our visit. The exhibition was amazing, but busy, so busy, exceptionally busy. On the downside it was crowded, on the up side we heard some hilarious conversations, especially the people who were on a first date, the bloke liked the woman more than he liked the art... Then a quick poke round the switch house, Dan loves nice brickwork, then we headed off to find the hotel. 

Comments

  1. I love going into London and try to do it as often as possible I adore the Tate modern and borough market and staying at the premier inn across from borough market is fab for wandering back late. I really want to see the London model in the flesh saw it on London live TV a few nights ago it looks amazing. On my list of things to do is to see a play at the globe. Hope you had a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the chance to visit very often, usually just once a year, as we can't leave our pets, I make the most of it when I do visit though.

      We were home just in time to watch the burn on tv, I would have preferred more fire and less chatting, but it looked amazing, glad the weather played along so lots of people could head out to see it.

      Delete
  2. We haven't been to London for years! We found Hampshire incredibly busy compared to our rural life in the Borders, so I don't know that I could cope with London now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Luckily for me Dan goes to London for work purposes fairly frequently so he plans our routes and things. I usually don't get on with crowds, but when I'm there I'm so task focused I just don't let it bother me!

      Delete
  3. It soundslike fun! I would like to see the Georgia O'Keefe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had loads of fun. I was so happy to make it to the beach!

      The exhibition is great, so varied - not just flowers.

      Delete

Post a Comment