Skip to main content

Pretty Flat



As I mentioned last year when I failed to produce a cake for the bake sale at the shop I am not much of a baker. However I do like cake, so something had to give. We made a chocolate and cherry cake a couple of weeks ago, did I mention that? I can't remember, it was delicious and I think I'm going to make it again next weekend so we're not birthday cake-less at a birthday party we're attending. 

Today we made pancakes, yes it was almost certainly due to watching batter week on GBBO this week.  

Yet again Isa Chandra Moskowitz came to our rescue with her carrot cake pancake from the splendid book Isa Does It, see the recipe here. The only substitution I made was to use agave instead of maple syrup. 


I drizzled mine with extra syrup and sprinkled on a couple of chocolate chips. They were a real success, light and fluffy, simple to make and made with ingredients we always have to hand. I will be making them again (often) next time I'll ease up on the allspice though as it was almost too much for me, I'm not a huge fan. 

Isa Does It has flown to the top of my non-existent favourite cookbooks list recently and this recipe does nothing to make me think it will be dislodged any time soon!

Comments

  1. Oh ..... that pancake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good recipe, adding the carrots makes it a bit different.

      Delete
  2. We had pancakes for breakfast this morning, a treat because it is Saturday with maple syrup my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had pancakes for years, we were going to make cake until I saw this recipe. We were supposed to use maple syrup but I had agave so we used that instead.

      Delete
  3. I love fat free egg banana pancakes . Think it's just mashed ripe bananas mixed with an egg, you can just use egg white for uber low calorie loviness. Mmmm might have pancakes today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't eaten pancakes for years and years, it was certainly the first time I'd had them since I became vegan.

      Your recipe sounds interesting, nice and simple.

      Delete
  4. I tried to post last night but my internet crashed. Your pancakes look delicious. My family were treated to pancakes for breakfast this morning after seeing your post. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment