Wednesday, 14 September 2016

I've Been Avoiding You

I made the mistake of organising my craft sideboard by putting two catch all boxes in there. They did their job, they caught all manner of things that shouldn't have been in there. Plus they were a little bit too big so the door kept coming open. 

I had avoided the room the sideboard lives in so I didn't have to face it. 


This is after I'd rehomed a couple of things already. 

Needless to say this huge job took me about 15 minutes to sort out. Amazing how things build up in my mind. No wonder my anxiety has been through the roof recently!


All done!


I do have six of the ceramic pots, but one is downstairs at the minute. 


Phew.

16 comments:

  1. I think for the most part things do take less time than we imagine they will. The hardest thing is the starting. I'm avoiding going through some crates of clothes, I am so sentimental, so it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it usually takes less time than we think. Thankfully for me there were no difficult decisions to make.

      Delete
  2. That's better, when I opened our cupboards it jumps out at me must get sorted x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shudder every time I look at my catch all baskets. You did a great job with yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The baskets have now been removed from the house, never to return.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so neat and tidy now!
    I made a start on sorting out things in the attic room today; it's going to be a very long job:( I've decided to just tackle it for an hour at a time as any more than that and it will feel insurmountable. It has to be done though because I want to revamp it and shuffle some furniture around so that it works better for us as a usable space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Best of luck with your attic room.

      Delete
  5. I love a neat and tidy cupboard but sadly mine don't stay that way for very long.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I think I'll just avoid venturing into the cupboard for a while, it's the only way to keep it tidy!

      Delete
  6. I immediately spotted the little bag on the right hand side of the first photo - it matches the one I got on holiday with a little sewing design in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that will remain forever unfinished!

      Delete
  7. It looks very organized, I bet you can't find anything now if you are anything like me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done; I love that little green tub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I only bought the tub because I thought it was cute, when I got it home I had to find a use for it!

      Delete