Skip to main content

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week

I'm not starting to bring a ton of stuff back into the house only days after the end of the declutter, I have just been able to cross a couple of things off our shopping list. 

We'd been thinking about buying a firepit for a little while and saw one on sale a week or two ago, but we didn't buy it. At the bbq yesterday I told my Mum this and she offered us one she had but never used. Although it wasn't the design we were looking at, it should be a great size for our garden so I'm made up. Wasn't quite so happy when Father dropped it on me when we were taking it to the car, but you can't win them all!



Just needs a bit of a wash and brush up. There are some hangy things so you can cook food over it too, after eating food cooked over the coals for the first time in years I have a real desire to get the fires burning again!

We also took home a nearly full carton of soya milk, leftover salads and an unopened tub of houmous, all of which will come in handy.

I was also given a bag of stuff to take to the charity shop, but I am always allowed to have a rummage first for anything that takes my fancy. I've been after a denim skirt for a little while but haven't been taken by any I've seen in the flesh. There were two skirts in the bag, and while they're way too big around the waist they will come in useful. When we go to watch football in the winter I wear many, many layers, generally thermal leggings with normal leggings or tights over the top, a thermal vest, t-shirt or other top and a jumper. Having a skirt with a bigger waist means I can layer up and tuck in with no problems! Happy times. They're also a bit longer than I'd normally wear which means my legs won't come into contact with the plastic seating, I'll have a nice bit of padding. 



Plus there was the usual magazine, newspaper cuttings and bag of plants, a very useful haul.

Comments

  1. I can imagine you see some pretty good items coming through the shop. Nice coincidence on the fire pit. We love ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People donate some very nice things, we're lucky as we have a car park so people find it easier to drop things off.

      Delete
  2. A great haul, I have always fancied a fire pit or chimenea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd never thought about one until recently but I really like the idea of it now.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, I do like that fire pit. Such an interesting shape.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, it reminds me of a bulb or an onion!

      Delete
  4. Mums are definitely the best....A great fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely fire pit, love the shape. The skirts are nice too.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cute isn't it.

      The skirts are two sizes too big, but I wore one with a top and a jumper tucked in when I went to the football on Monday, it was ideal!

      Delete

Post a Comment