Sunday, 18 September 2016

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week


Clitheroe in the sun

I needed tea, so we had planned to visit Lancaster yesterday, but at the last minute I suggested we go to Clitheroe instead, we hadn't been for yonks and I knew we could get tea there. So we did! We had a very nice coffee and bought some tea, plus a funnel from the hardware shop then we went to Accrington as I wanted to visit the One Planet co-op (but forgot to take photographs).



We walked through the beautiful arcade, saw an amazing ghost sign



and snapped up some bargains! We don't have any of the really bargain shops here, but I am a member of a couple of vegan shopping groups on social media and I am always amazed at some of the bargains to be had. 

The last time I walked past Jack Fulton, many years ago, someone was standing in one of the freezers, so that put me off. Today almost everyone was on their best behaviour, we were very restrained but came home with 




We paid £2.29 for this, the Food Doctor things were 50p each, ideal for Dan who has lost quite a bit of weight, so I'm trying to feed him up, the crackers were two packs for £1 and the Oatly was 29p (it's usually about 99p). Other than the Oatly, which has a best before date of March 2017 everything is short dated, but that's fine as we're going to eat them quickly anyway!

Freebies of the week came in the form of things we still own that I thought we'd chucked out years ago





four table runners! Our dining table is too gorgeous and narrow to use any of them, so should anyone like the look of any of them I'm happy to send them to you if you're in the UK! In the spirit of honesty the one bottom right has been chewed in one corner.



Rabbits, what can you do?


eta, the bottom right one has frayed after washing so is probably useless.

10 comments:

  1. The arcade looked amazing such wonderful architecture such a shame about the loss of a Post Office. Great bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a modern Post Office, but it is a shame the arcade isn't the centre of the town these days, although all the units are trading for the first time in years which is great.

      Delete
  2. Nothing you can do about rabbits haha!

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stained glass windows in the Post Office building are superb - they would make fabulous quilt patterns! I do love a good bargain - we got four enormous pork chops in Tesco the other day for £2 ....... we had two for Sunday dinner and they were delicious (Malcolm made a very good job of cooking them!). And last week I topped up the emergency chocolate stash with delicious Lindt chocolate, which was reduced, despite having a reasonably long date on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an amazing quilt!

      Always important to have a stash of chocolate on hand.

      Delete
  4. I just changed from soy milk to oatly, though it's a pain in the bottom in tea, needs constant stirring.

    I love the bird runner, that's really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does need stirring, but I think it's quite nice.

      Delete
  5. if its still available I would love the gold colored one above the pinky one, let me know how much postage is :-)

    ReplyDelete