Friday, 30 September 2016

Finished/Started

What a month! Our didn't go as planned holiday seems such a long time ago. 

We're at the end, with £4.51 left in the grocery budget and no need to shop until this time next week. The house is as it should be*, I've made scones this morning, the bunnies are snoozing, our evening meal is ready and waiting in the fridge and once Dan arrives home this evening we have nothing planned until we go to watch Burnley v Arsenal on Sunday tea time. Oh, and it's pay day!

I've picked up a few books again this month, but I've only finished two, although I'm quite a way through the book about Tesla, might try to finish that this afternoon. I have read The Festival Of Insignificance - Milan Kundera, which was a mercifully quick read, I get the impression that this wasn't a good first book for me to go for by this author. I also read F - Daniel Kehlmann, which I absolutely loved, certainly one of my favourites this year. 

Reading may slow down even more as I've started working on my new quilt again, it's one of the main reasons I'm happy the days are a little colder. It's another Log Cabin 1. because it's my favourite design 2. because it's appropriate for the theme of the quilt. Have I mentioned before it's to show my love for the t.v show Twin Peaks? I probably have, but I am a fan, although I can imagine I'll have some really odd dreams sleeping under the finished item.

For any other fans reading my favourite character is Nadine and my favourite scene is where Major Briggs tells Bobby about his vision, it gives me the feels as they say. Dan's favourite character is Albert Rosenfield. His favourite scene is any time Gordon Cole is talking to Shelly. 

I must have mentioned this before, but I treated myself to some Twin Peaks inspired fabrics from Spoonflower earlier this year, they're dreamy.


I think I went off on a tangent there...

*other than the quilting things obviously

12 comments:

  1. Reading has slowed down to zero here, I am now on the look out for some that I can listen to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea, I might look into that, it would be ideal for when I'm sewing.

      Delete
  2. That material looks nice! Thank God it's payday!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, thankfully there was a buy one get one free offer when I bought the fabric which meant I didn't have to compromise.

      Delete
  3. Everyone has a messy corner haha. Good to see you kept within budget, even if it was a bit tight.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being that close budget-wise is a good thing, had there been more than £10 we would have lowered the budget for this month.

      Delete
  4. Well done at have some cash left at the end of the month. I've never watched twin peaks but I like the fabrics.
    Carolc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Twin Peaks, would you believe it? I do like the fabric for your quilt. I fancy making a log cabin one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it was a huge thing here, I am always exceptionally excited when I meet another fan - it's like meeting another vegan!

      Log cabin is just so simple and effective, I love it.

      Delete
  6. Gosh Twin Peaks was all the rage when I was at school. OMG Bob. Eek!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!

      I watched it as a teenager when it was on tv first time round but not again (for obvious reasons) until last year when Dan said he wanted to watch it. The final episode in the Black Lodge was as weird and wonderful the second time around! Bob is still really scary!

      Delete