Skip to main content

Like A Small Child

We went to the gallery in Blackpool last night to hear a series of talks about Seaside Moderne and the work artist Jenny Steele has produces in response to this coastal style of the 1930's. It was kind of interesting, although each speaker had such a short time to present there was little I felt I could get my teeth into, one speaker touched on the gender of the seaside at that time which I thought was particularly interesting, especially when he showed us promotional posters from various resorts where the women featured heavily without too many men to spoil the view!

But oh my word, the gallery has the least comfortable chairs I have ever sat on, Dan had to keep telling me not to fidget as I was wriggling around so much. It was a long two and a bit hours! We're going to hear John Grindrod in Manchester this evening, I can only hope this very has padded seating!

Due to our Manchester trip, and the fact we were parked on Sainsbury's car park we decided to go shopping afterwards. Blimey, it was the most expensive food shop we've done for a very long time! It's done, packed away and I'll get some batch cooking done tomorrow. The jackfruit went down very well with Dan last night, although I did think the sauce was very sweet, but I guess that's what happens when you usually make your own. 


Leftovers today, then back to the menu plan and maybe even some non-brown food!

Comments

  1. take a cushion just in case, I hate uncomfortable chairs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted to report I sat on a very nicely padded chair all evening!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the 'pulled jack fruit' recipe. Your version looks good. Your description of the uncomfy chairs made me giggle. I'd wriggle too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth trying, a tin of jackfruit should only cost around £1 so not a budget breaker, it's the young jackfruit in brine you're looking for, not the stuff in syrup (just in case you didn't already know).

      Delete
  3. Haha, I can just imagine you getting ticked off by Dan, I don't think I could have actually sat there that long xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful, my back was still aching when we got home.

      Delete

Post a Comment