Skip to main content

In The Shop Window

For the first time in ages I dressed the side window at the charity shop. Much as I really wanted to have an Autumn themed window, due to us having some really nice falling leaves art work and other goodies (sadly, not enough space to store them for a later window), but as Sam asked that we all let the summer continue for that little bit longer on her blog today I decided against it. 

I went instead for an August Bank Holiday weekend away instead. 

The side window is really narrow so it's hard to take pictures

the metal sign beneath the bag reads "the world is your oyster"

As long as it's sunny I think this collection would see me through the weekend, nice and casual with the linen trousers and shirt with some flat sandals, then dress it up with either of the dresses and some gold peep-toe heels. With a vintage case to hold it all on the way home!


Plus a dotty heart shaped chalkboard, a well known holiday essential!

Our holiday starts this weekend and I can't wait.

Comments

  1. Your window looks great. I don't think I'll ever be trusted with decorating one at the shop. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a fun one to do.

      I hadn't asked to do the window for a long time, but it hadn't changed so thought I'd offer my services. The manager said no-one else wanted to do it so she was happy to let me get on with it.

      Delete
  2. I love it! (and I want to go shopping in your shop.) I feel like summer has life left in it. Thanks for the link to my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We would love to have you here, you're so right, there is some summer left and we should squeeze as much out of it as possible!

      Delete
  3. Certainly an eye catching window, I was drawn by the vintage case, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, eye catching is the aim!.

      The case is beautiful, it deserved to be shown off rather than shoved on the floor as it had been.

      Delete
  4. Lovely window, very attractive. I live down south so alas no chance to visit the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, shame you can't nip in to say hello!

      Delete
  5. The widow looks amazing. We need to keepthe summer feeling for longer even if the weather says differently.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Looks like the sun is trying to make a comeback which is nice to see.

      Delete
  6. It looks really nice!!! I love your choice of garments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie, it was a fun one to put together.

      Delete
  7. I love to see shop facades and the dresses here are so colourful and lovely! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I appreciate your comments, warm wishes back to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment