Monday, 29 August 2016

In The Garden

We spent part of yesterday and this morning in the back garden, in order to finally get to grips with the pebbled area. I wore my trusty sandals, now 20 years old. 


I did a little bit of weeding too and found some berries peeping out



Dan was in charge of sawing, I was in charge of pebble arrangement and we both did a bit of digging. We decided to keep everything at the same level as the path as much as possible, so we dug out lots of earth to allow the pallets to lie flush.


We've not planted anything in them yet, but I think I'm going to transplant some of the alpines from the main bed, I think I'll be getting lots of new plants tomorrow so need to extra room. My parents are having a garden revamp and they have offered the contents of one bed to us. Hopefully they'll be coming up tomorrow to look after my nieces while my brother and the two older children "Ride The Lights" in Blackpool (I can't believe illuminations switch on is this weekend!).


I'm very pleased with the wood and stones together., and I even got a chance to sit in the shade and watch Dan work!


Things are coming together slowly.


20 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking great. Well done on all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, today is the first time I haven't been embarrassed when looking out at it!

      Delete
  2. It looks fantastic, we have been in the garden today but we did very little though there is so much weeding to do and I am tired of it. Instead, most of the day in the kitchen making things with the plums. I like how your ground is all level, what makes working in our garden hard is its on a slope, so its all uphill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know exactly what you mean about the wedding, we are still battling with the more established areas but we're starting to turn the corner I hope.

      I am very thankful it's so flat here, my brother's old garden was a steep slope and it was very problematic.

      Delete
  3. love the idea of using pallets for edging, can't wait to see them planted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd seen a pallet used as a vertical planter and thought it was a great idea, the pallets we had were mainly in pieces already so I put my thinking cap on and came up with this idea instead. I am very excited to plant them up.

      Delete
  4. It's been glorious today, hasn't it. Your gardening is coming on a treat.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. We couldn't have asked for better weather yesterday could we?

      Delete
  5. That looks like it will be a really, really peaceful area to sit in.

    https://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very peaceful, you're right, I had a little doze in my chair yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie, it's very "make do" but I like it.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely place to spend a lazy afternoon. Your yard and garden looks amazing and once totally finished (is one's yard ever really done?)will be perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie. I've certainly heard a rumour that it's never done!

      Delete
  8. It looks great, and it's so satisfying when you can sit back and be proud of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to feel as though we're finally turning a corner.

      Delete
  9. It's looking good isn't it. I love the chairs I want some in turquoise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so, I don't have grand plans, just somewhere simple with lots of insects. I think these chairs are available in turquoise, they're very comfortable even before adding cushions.

      Delete
  10. The back garden is coming along nicely. Laura and Martin rode the light last year and loved it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      My brother loves cycling and has managed to tear the children away from their screens and onto their bikes, it was quite a struggle at first! They did a Sky Ride for the first time last week in Liverpool so I think Ride The Lights will be fun for them, I don't think they'll have seen the illuminations before.

      Delete