Friday, 26 August 2016

Holiday Preparations

At around 5 o'clock today Dan will finish work and our holiday will begin! I am so looking forward to it. Today I'm doing the last few bits of house readying, I would have done it yesterday but I nipped into the shop just to sort out some books and ended up staying all afternoon.

First thing I cleaned the fridge and prepared a bit of salad


Put the laundry on 


Did some ironing


Saw the state of the magazine rack


 the coffee table and my craft bag


and tidied them 




Just the spare bed left to make, after my cup of tea.


Then it's fun (hopefully) in the sun for two weeks!

22 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely well deserved break x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a safe trip and lots of fun, have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's mainly a staycation, but we are having one night away, which is as good as a week for me!

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a great vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your holiday. I hope you find good rest and some good tales to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! PS - I love your classic salad dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I love the dish too, an ideal size for us.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed seeing your photos and hearing about your preparations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a productive day. You've highlighted one of the downsides of a holiday - which is needing to do the prep.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, you're right it's a busy time before you get to the good bit!

      Delete
  9. Have a lovely time doing fun stuff.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Holidays, are you going anywhere? So far, all I have seen is you tidy up your home, and I understand that as when the w/e comes that is all I ever do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My holiday is not having do do much and Dan's is nit having to go to work. It's very much a staycation, but yes, we are having one night away this very weekend! My brother is coming over to look after the rabbits and we are hopping on the train to London, I can't wait!

      Delete