Sunday, 21 August 2016

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week


I've mentioned two of these earlier in the week.

Freebie of the week is the book sent from Ann, I haven't started reading it yet, I may save it for the upcoming holdiday. The magazine was 99p from the charity shop and I quite enjoyed it, I'll probably return it to the shop next week. 

Bargain of the week made me very happy indeed, Home Bargains were stocking brown basmati rice, £1 for a 1kg bag. We do plan to buy a few things in larger sizes now we'll be in Burnley once every two weeks or so, but for now this is the best price I can get for this rice so I am delighted. We won't need to open these for a while but I wasn't prepared to pass it up as it's something we eat frequently. 


16 comments:

  1. That rice is a bargain! I love brown basmati rice, shame there's not one of those shops anywhere near us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, that's a good price for rice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Home Bargains a great shop, you do need to watch the dates sometimes. Great idea to save the book for your holiday read, always nice to have a new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true, I checked the rice and the date is February 2019, brilliant!

      Delete
  4. What a great deal on rice. We've just had a Home Bargains open here so I'll have to try and go there.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make the effort, it's good for shampoo and toiletries as well as food. They stock yummy stuff like Nakd bars and coconut water sometimes!

      Delete
  5. I will be looking in Home Bargains tomorrow for the rice, I will use white at a push but far prefer the brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to grab some, I found mine in the special offers section when I first went in, I don't think there was any with the rest of the dried foods.

      Delete
  6. I love Home Bargains, a lot of there groceries are cheaper than the named Supermarkets x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pop in fairly frequently to see what's new. Ours is only quite small so I don't get the bargains some people do, but I'm generally pleased with our store.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, it should keep me busy one way and another.

      Delete
  8. Home Bargains is one of my favourite shops! Slighter better quality than B & M Bargains I find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a massive fan of B&M, it's very cluttered and crammed in so I never take time to browse. Our Home Bargain is brilliant but quite small, we went to one with fridges a little while ago, I was far too excited about it!

      Delete