Skip to main content

Bath Time!

This post is very much in the realm of things you only get excited about on your blog and in the privacy of your own brain



We've been talking about our new bathroom more recently as it's time to actually start thinking about what we want, so yesterday I was thinking about it and I came to a fresh conclusion. 

Our bathroom is grotty, there's no two ways about it , I mentioned a while go that we are very patched up in the shower department, for example. But then when I really thought about it I realised that the vast majority of the horrible bits are the tiles. Other than the leaky ones, others are cracked, and more are just badly fitted but that's all cosmetic, everything else works. Plus it's the only area of the house where we would, without much thought, replace original things just because they looked a bit worn. 

Our house was empty for quite some time before we moved in, that whole time the shower and bath taps were dripping, so the bath is quite stained. I've done my best with the green stripe from the tap, but the shower had left a streak down the centre of the bath, plus there were a number of rusty patches, so I turned my attention to that, armed with my trusty pumice*.

Before




And after a small amount of rubbing








Still visible, but far better than it was before, and certainly not staring you in the face as soon as you enter the bathroom. So I suggested to Dan that we just have the tiles replaced, sort out the ceiling and fit a new shower. Dan suggested with the money we'll save he could buy a Triumph Dolomite to keep on the drive, I told him he should stick with the one he already owns!



*it's not really a pumice but it's the same idea. 

Comments

  1. That's better, your hard work payed off, the bathroom here is what I call grotty, needs a complete refurb, but as we are renting we just have to make do.
    I remember the Dolomites, I actually drove one, a nice car xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm happy with the result. I'm surprised at how relieved I feel now we've decided to not have the whole room altered.

      I like the Dolomite too, we see a couple pootling around town.

      Delete
  2. Haha, love the car! You have done a good job on the bath, certainly a big difference. Just replacing the tiles will make a huge difference xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, I'm really pleased, it's ten years since we had the bathroom done in our old house but I still couldn't face going through all the upheaval.

      Delete
  3. Now that made me chuckle. Great car!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Maybe one day he'll get the real thing.

      Delete
  4. That's a huge difference! A job well done. Bathrooms and the cleaning of are the bane of my life! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Our bathroom really is a get in-get out affair.

      Delete
  5. Wow, your scrubbing certainly made a great dent in those stains.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a big job isn't it. Luckily my bathroom tiles are fine but I will be looking for a pen for the grout. Using the pumice was very effective x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those grout pens are great. I fear if I touched anything with one the grout would fall out!

      Delete
  7. I had a Dolomite, I am with you on the idea of buying one. You did a cracking job on the bath, have fun choosing the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, until you said that I hadn't even thought about choosing tiles, exciting. I have had a little look at showers already.

      If Dan reads these comments I'll be finding classic car magazines all over the house!

      Delete
  8. Fantastic job on the bath. My first car was a yellow Triumph Dolomite.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, a yellow one, that would look nice parked on the drive.

      Delete
  9. Great Post..xo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well done, that's really cool!! Ha, poor Dan!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I wouldn't mind if he did have a car like that, but knowing how to fix it would be good!

      Delete

Post a Comment