Skip to main content

Playing With My Food

I'm trying to look after myself a bit better and breakfast is certainly a place I can make some big improvements. I got into the habit of making smoothies when we returned from our weekend in Berwick - already a year ago! Recently though that has fallen by the wayside. So today, in order to give myself a kickstart, I decided to finally clamber on the wagon of smoothie bowls.

Mine doesn't look like the very exciting ones I have seen on Instagram, but I'm not on that so who cares! In the smoothie (which was a little bit runny so I'll have to work on that) was banana, almond milk, yoghurt, flax seed, mango and nectarine, it was a very pleasing pale pink colour. I topped it off with some sliced nectarine and banana, plus some mixed berries and a sprinkle of granola. 

it's another dark day, it was vibrant in real life!

It was really quite nice and made with things we had in the kitchen already. I will certainly give it another try. 

Comments

  1. A nice healthy start to the day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast often gets neglected here too. I enjoy porridge but I'm usually too lazy to make it so have a bit of toast instead. I like the idea of a smoothie but find they leave me feeling hungry. Does adding the granola help? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped a little. I think I'd look into adding something more substantial to the main bit of the smoothie to keep me feeling fuller for longer next time.

      Delete
  3. It certainly looks good. I am quite naughty I don't really bother with breakfast, I really should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really enjoy breakfast, but I find if I make an effort it's easier to stomach.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was, it's nice to have something a little different, and it still only takes a couple of minutes to put together.

      Delete
  5. Very artistic. I'd just dump it all in! I've never heard of smoothie bowls so I'm off to Pinterest now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I'd just blend everything together, but thought I'd try it. It's really nice to have something that looks nice as well as tasting great, it was about taking the time to enjoy breakfast rather than just chuck it down.

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious and very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stocked up on smoothie ingredients when they were on offer, then my only working blender broke. I was not an even remotely happy bunny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, what a pain. Lovely to hear from you.

      Delete

Post a Comment