Skip to main content

Life Audit Day Two

Day two of looking after myself, and I went to have my eyes tested, having not been for five years. The opticians to me is like the dentist to a lot of people, I am just freaked out by it. 

I had been thinking about going anyway but just before I left for the charity shop yesterday I received a letter from them offering me a free test, so I nipped in to make an appointment, the earliest they could do was 9.30 today so I said YES!!! The appointment was actually very good despite my anxiety. I was shown the photograph of the back of my eye - I don't know about you but I thought that was fascinating, and I can tell you now I have a very nice retinal cup! My prescription just needed a little tweaking hasn't altered. I could have done without the assistant telling me how limited I was in my choice of frames due to my prescription and ... face. I was already more than aware of both.

I've chosen some new specs but haven't been able to order them as I don't have enough cash in my grocery budget account so I'll have to wait. Along with the free eye test I received half price voucher which means i can have them extra thinned rather than just thinned and still pay less than £200, I can't remember the last time that happened. I'm relieved it's done and have made a promise to myself that I will only wait the standard two years before going again. Now, what's next?

Comments

  1. Good for you. It feels good to do something that you've been putting off for a long time and even better when you find that it's not half as bad as you thought it was going to be. I need to go and take LB too, but I'm changing my optician. I used to go to our local ASDA, and although the optician himself was very nice, I found it just too busy and difficult to get an appointment and they never sent me reminders of when I needed a new eye test, which was irritating. I'm waiting until the summer holidays now and I'm going to go to a local optician down the road instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The optician was very nice indeed and I was pleased that she confirmed that my feelings about my sight were exactly right.

      Not receiving a reminder is annoying, it's easy to let things like this slip your mind.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, you do need to look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's easy for me to use anxiety as a reason to not do anything so when I get the urge to do something I just do it there and then!

      Delete
  3. Technology is amazing - so many people have had serious conditions picked up by opticians so it's good to go regularly.
    Which reminds me.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I have no idea why I was anxious at all, so I will go again in two years as soon as the reminder arrives.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about eyes exams-shouldn't bother me, but they do. Sadly, I think my prescription need has changed already since last year, or else something was maybe off then and Ijust dealt with it. I too pay thoruhg the nose for the extra thin lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I have the half price voucher, I have chosen expensive frames but the thinning is an additional 50% onto the cost.

      Delete
  5. Good you got that done. I need to go back really too!
    When I went, they showed me a picture of my eyes and because I have morning glory syndrome in my left eye, it looked like the Death Star exploding in Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I looked at some images, there's a lot going on there. It's also taking cosplay to a whole new level!

      Delete
  6. Agree re: the opticians - I think it's something about the smell - same as the dentist.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still managing to get to the dentist at least every 4 months for a cleaning. However I still need to find a doctor and make an appointment. I am so rarely ill (with something I don't know) that I have not been to the doctor since my old doctor moved 15 years ago. I am very bad!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for making regular dates with the dentist.

      Until last year I hadn't seen a doctor for 15 years, he was amazed I'd turned up, and there was nothing wrong with me I felt a bit daft). I have seen a nurse in the meantime, the last one made me cry so I don't enjoy spending time with them much either!

      Delete
  8. Have a look at the Glasses direct site.No I don't work for them but I do have lousy eye sight and like a bargain.I don't say they will top your voucher but does'nt hurt to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, Dan is after some new glasses and that site should provide a bargain for him as he doesn't have special lenses or any thinning.

      Delete
  9. I don't mind opticians but it's that glaucoma test that bothers me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment