Skip to main content

Happy Days



We've been talking about moving to Scotland a lot recently, our friend in Edinburgh sends us weekly property updates (we didn't ask, she's just a delight). But sometimes it's hard to imagine packing up to start elsewhere.

Before the charity shop yesterday I went for a walk on the beach. The rabbits were well stocked with ice bottles, coolpacks wrapped in wet towels, drinking water and a fan. It was still hot when I got home but not hot, the buns were sitting next to a frozen bottle and weren't unhappy at all. I didn't have a water bottle to cuddle, so I had a nice cup of tea instead. 

I didn't quite reach the sea, although plenty of others were enjoying the water, but I did make it out the end of the pier, then I was off to the very hot shop! We chatted to a man for quite a long time, he told us all about changing his life after the 7/7 bombings in London, where he had been a train driver. He now spends his time travelling around, but returns to a different part of Britain each summer. This year he chose Lancashire. We nattered about bucket lists, following your dreams, putting down roots, being a free spirit and creating the life you want wherever you are. It was really nice to have such a refreshing, positive conversation. 

This morning we have beautiful rain and thunder, I love it



Here's the first little glimpse of the pebbles we bought to replace the lawn, that area is far from finished, but it's a good start. 


Comments

  1. You sound like me-wondering if I should plan for a wandering life or to just stay put or even yet start fresh new. Our goal for now is to spend at least 1/3 of year "away" from home in retirement but haven't figured out yet where home will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man did most of the talking, mainly due to his life changing experience. I don't really have a "bucket list" or any strong dreams to fulfil. At the minute I think that's a good thing as I can make the most of things whatever I'm doing, but maybe having a long term goal would be a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Hard to move, we made a long one when we moved here and hope to not do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've said before I am not in love with the town we live in, but I do love the house. Occasionally I wish I didn't know quite so much about this house as it would make it easier to leave, but I do love it here.

      Delete
  3. I love the Western Islands of Scotland and dream of one day making it my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you make it there.

      The one thing the man at the charity shop said that I thought was fantastic was that if you can't live your dream full time, what can you do to live it part time. That's a great way to make things more real. the lady he said that to had the dream of living in Spain, she wasn't in a position to do that, but he encouraged her to go for three months. After the three months she went on a tv show that helps people find a home overseas!

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks great. A very relaxing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is getting to that point, maybe next year it will be close to the image I have in my head.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous 1st picture looks like somewhere abroad with the blue skys and golden sands.
    I loved yesterdays storm. We were without electric, in the morning, for all of 5-10 mins. Seamingly lightning struck a power station at Moor Park.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The first time my parents came to visit Father said the sand was just like being in Barbados (somewhere they used to visit on holiday a lot).

      Glad you weren't without electricity for too long.

      Delete
  6. I like the pebbles - I also love a good thunderstorm - I feel it clears the air so nicely.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, they do clear the air, really refreshing.

      Delete

Post a Comment