Monday, 11 July 2016

Generosity

This is just to get things off my chest. 

This weekend was amazing, I had an amazing time with friends I have because of Dan. I also had a not that great time with friends I have because of myself!

Without getting bogged down in the details I experienced generosity and meanness of spirit in abundance. Neither surprised me at all, but the generosity, openness and welcoming nature of people are the things I shall be taking with me. Sadly I will have to spend more time around the other but that's a part of my life, it is not my life and they are not my friends. 

I am more fortunate than I ever realised, which says a great deal.  

I also saw a pigeon sleeping in one of my plant pots the other day, it was adorable. 

10 comments:

  1. I have never seen a pigeon sleeping before, what a great sight it must have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so peaceful, I didn't even mind the squashed plant!

      Delete
  2. It is good you experienced the good part! Pigeon sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the good part was enhanced due to the naysayer. The pigeon was cute.

      Delete
  3. Sleeping birds are always crazily cute.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice when you have good friends.I would try to ignore the others or talk only when necessary. I have no time for meanness.Shame you didn't get a photo of the pidgeon.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to disturb it, but I would have loved a photograph.

      This one particular person really doesn't have a good word to say about anyone or anything, other than things they have done. No matter what someone has, or someone is going through they have had it to the extreme and so people should be too happy/complain too much as they've been through it and are here to tell the tale. You know the type, I just smile and think about other things, they don't want my input they just want to hear their own voice.

      Delete