Saturday, 23 July 2016

Freebie and Bargain of the Week


It's been a good week!

We need a lot more stones to finish the former lawn area, when we were out and about today we decided to stop at Dobbies just to see what was what. We almost bought some plants from the plant hospital but then decided to see what they had in terms of stones (we had taken a sample of stones with us to check for colour matching). We weren't going to bother until we saw some open bags at the stone hospital area, £3 per bag so we bought four, they were all virtually full so it was worth it for £12 in total. We still need some more, but not enough to buy another bulk bag. 

Large


medium


and small



Second bargain of the week is a piece of fabric from a charity shop in Preston, not one I'd been to before. 49p for a decent sized piece, it has already been washed, dried and has been cut up for a project that hopefully I'll have time and inclination to do tomorrow. 



Freebie of the week is also fabric, a friend of a friend was having a sort out and offered my friend whatever she liked, she kindly thought of me and now I my stash is replenished!

  
It should keep me quiet for a while. 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics and bargain stones. Great bargains, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm being surprisingly patient with filling in the stones, I thought I would want it to be done, but I'm enjoying piecing it together bit by bit.

      Delete
  2. Do you have plans for the first one yet? I can't tell the texture, but it would be a really fun dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have plans for the fabric. I don't have the skills to make a dress, but you're right it would look amazing.

      Delete
  3. What lovely fabric and what a good friend to think of you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so surprised, she's a lovely lady.

      Delete
  4. Love the print on that fabric.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pebbles are looking good. A nice peice of material from preston and looking forward to seeing what you make with it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the pebbles. The birds seem to be enjoying poking about in the nooks and crannies too.

      Delete