Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Freebie And Bargain of the Week

I don't think there have been any real bargains, unless you count buying our veg from the market in Lancaster. At the weekend we went to the supermarket as Dan wanted a cheapo work shirt and we needed/wanted a food flask. I think I mentioned in a romantic move Dan has bought me a season ticket for the football. We thought the flask would help us to save money by keeping us out of the chippery on the way home. 

All was well. 

My parents came to visit on Sunday, armed with seeds, donations for the charity shop, Kilner jars and bottles, and from my SiL a food flask. 

Typical! The one we have from her looks ideal for things like pasta salad, mini pies and things like there, ours looks better for soup or stew, so we'll get use from both of them. For Saturday afternoon games we'll be out at lunch and tea time so the more hot food the better as far as I'm concerned. Sadly for some reason pictures won't load here today so you'll just have to use your imagination!

6 comments:

  1. A food flask is a great idea, although if funds allow I think you should indulge in the chips occasionally. If I remember rightly you support an excellent team so let's hope for a good season. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly will make time for chips sometimes, I think we may need them to provide a bit of comfort at times :)

      UP THE CLARETS!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to get a gift that you were looking to buy anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a strange coincidence, I'm very pleased.

      Delete
  3. Things to keep food hot or cold when out and about are always welcome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete