Friday, 10 June 2016

Fun With Friends



The Euro 2016 football tournament starts this evening (England, Wales and Northern Ireland are all taking part), so we decided to run a sweepstake. We filmed the draw last night and live streamed it on Facebook, it was lots of fun. I made some decorations and wore a crown as befitted my role as Picker Of Names. It's been great, we have friends as distant as Missouri and Penang taking part too, and I confess a couple of friends who are taking it a little too seriously! My Mum was very happy as she has England.

As an extra bit of excitement, ahead of the England game we are running a Tinned Food Count. It's something we have shamelessly stolen from a message board. It consists of one tin of food, a jug, a sieve, someone who can count and people who can guess. All contestants have to guess is how many individual units of food are in the tin (by number, not weight) and for bonus points how much liquid was in the tin. What could be more fun? It's uncertain exactly how this brings good luck to the team, but I'm sure it helps. 

The tinned commodity chosen for the first count has not been made public yet, but I can sensationally reveal to you that it is 


aduki beans! You get no prize for guessing what we're having for tea tomorrow! I am also Counter In Chief so have to count every single bean in that tin, never let it be said that I have too much time on my hands. 

8 comments:

  1. I love little competitions in the name of fun. Yours is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there are quite a few of us joining in with the silliness.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great deal of fun. Enjoy counting all those beans.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am starting to wish I chosen something a little larger!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful celebration, sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is, although a few of my friends are taking it a bit too seriously :D

      Delete
  4. Your sweepstake sounds fun - my husband drew Albania in his! Have fun with the bean counting! xx

    ReplyDelete