Skip to main content

Freebie And Bargain of the Week


I can't remember if I mentioned it, but we went to CentreParcs last week, just for the day. My parents and brother plus family were on holiday there and there was a significant birthday to celebrate, so we went up for the party. Yes, I think I did mention it as we were arranging the cake, which was delicious and very, very pink!

Poor old Dan was exhausted he drove there and back of course, but then had hardly a minute to himself with the two older children, there were lots of races, piggybacks and playing football. Still, it's nice to be liked. I spent quite a lot of time exploring and chatting with the toddler, and played with the baby. 

Anyway, my mum and other brother came bearing gifts! Firstly, Easter eggs, yes it's that long since we've seen everyone. Secondly four home magazines - my mum loves a magazine! My brother passed the book Chavs onto us too. It was mainly for Dan but I'm reading it at the minute. 

The giant couscous was the bargain of the week, 23p a bag from the bargain shelf at the supermarket. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like fun, always nice to catch up with family. We too have just had a family weekend to celebrate birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had an enjoyable time at your celebrations too. I had a surprisingly good time, I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it was really nice.

      Delete
  2. I've read Chavs - v. interesting. The poor have a hard enough time surviving as it is without being looked down on. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a chav so it is interesting!

      Delete
    2. Have you heard The Lancashire Hotpot's song Chav?!!

      Delete
  3. I hope Dan's recovered.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey another book on the list. I've never been to centreparcs either lol. Quality time with family and friends is key to a contented life that and lots of travel ( mine anyway)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear you get such pleasure from these things.

      I don't particularly enjoy family get-togethers but this one was fine.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely if tiring day. I love catching up with family, especially the little ones, they can be very energetic but great fun and best of all you don't take them home with you! I'm intrigued about the book. Will have to look it up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the older two, they are full of questions, I'm not sure we always give the answers their mum would like, but I'm not a parent, what do I know? The small ones are fine in small doses, it's really interesting to see them learning new things. Spending time with them doesn't make me wish I had any myself!

      Delete
  6. It's always nice to spend time with family. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be honest, it's not always nice in my case but I'm glad most other people tend to have a positive experience. I did, on this occasion, have a great time though.

      Delete

Post a Comment