Friday, 20 May 2016

Calm


I did indeed make down for a nosey at the beach huts. Good timing too as it started raining not long after I got home. None of the huts were open so I have no pictures of the interiors.

Dan is having a seven year itch at work and his desire to move towards a different career is getting stronger. It will almost certainly mean a huge pay decrease, but he is starting to look seriously, rather than the half-hearted searches he's been doing for the past year or so. He has also landed an interview to join the scrutiny board of something or other, so we shall see about that.  

The itch to move to living as he really wants intensified when we found out a very dear friend has cancer, she has three sessions of chemo left, poor lass. We would both like to visit her when she can deal with it, but she lives overseas so I think Dan may have to go on his own. 

For my part, I'm thrashing around trying to work out what I want to do, I feel something, but what that something is I don't yet know! For this weekend it will be perfecting pizza bases. 

16 comments:

  1. Good luck to Dan in finding something that will be perfect for him, and to you. I feel that opportunities open up just when you need them, it is spotting them that can be difficult and then steering clear of second guessing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like a nice beach hut. So sorry about your friend; fingers crossed that the chemo does the trick. I hope Dan manages to sort out his work problems. Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to follow your heart. Sticking with a job you hate will eat you up alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a beach hut, I'd be in it year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'd love to have the money to buy one.

      Delete
  5. Cute beach houses.

    Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope everything goes well. Chemo from what I hear is not fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beach huts look so nice.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, and very popular, and make good use of a quiet bit of the prom.

      Delete
  7. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Life has a way of coming up with what you need and things usually work out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck to your friend and to Dan in deciding what he is going to do. Those beach huts look lovely (I'd love one) However, I've never seen such conservatively painted ones - the ones I've seen have always been primary colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I wasn't sure I'd like the muted colours, but now the original huts have been here for a while I think the colours are a great choice.

      Delete