Skip to main content

Bank Holiday Fun

I must first say a hearty thank you to Jo from a whole plot of love for nominating me for a Liebster Award. It's really nice to know someone is reading and I really appreciate and enjoy reading all your comments. It's quite funny really isn't it how some of us enjoy poking around in someone's cupboards or looking at what they've bought from the charity shop. 

Here are the questions Jo left for me and the others - 

1. Favourite season?
Probably Autumn
2. Do you eat breakfast?
Almost every day, sometimes I like to have two breakfasts
3. Starter or pudding?
Hmmm, starter
4. Favourite childhood author?
Before age 12 probably Roald Dahl, after age 12 George Orwell (we read Animal Farm at the start of my second year of secondary school and it changed my thinking forever)
5. Seaside or countryside?
Seaside! I love the fact that the countryside exists but I don't really want to spend any time in it
6. Favourite beverage?
Nice cold water
7. Do you have a pet?
I have two pets, one white and brown English, and one grey German lop rabbit
8. Favourite way to serve vegetables?
In tempura batter
9. Do you grow your own?
I try!
10. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
Dark

Having said all that, I have been looking around and I think everyone I would nominate either has an award already or has made it clear that they do not wish to participate in blog awards. A forum I used to spend a lot of time on used to do a Friday Five and I always enjoyed that, so I open these questions out to anyone who may wish to answer them, either in a comment here or on their own blog. I know, that's a rubbish way out isn't it. 

Here are my questions, just for fun - 

1. If you had another superpower what would it be?
2. And what would be your superhero weapon?
3. Have you ever danced around a maypole?
4. Would you rather be out in the cold or in the rain?
5. What can you see if you look to your left now?
6. Have you ever taken anything from a skip?
7. Can you skip (with a rope)?
8. Have you ever been on a pogo stick?
9. Have you ever eaten Ikea meatballs?
10. If I gave you £5 (or equivalent) to spend on yourself, what would you buy?

Enjoy today whatever you do, I am going to Turf Moor to watch Burnley v QPR. 

Comments

  1. Honestly, I have given much thought to superpower. I would want the ability to speak any language-kind of like the Tardis converter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fact you have considered this already, you have selected a great superpower, hats off to you.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award, I have just looked though your questions and find the hardest one to answer is what I would spend £5 on for myself. I am struggling to find the answer. I can easily spend £5 but nothing springs to mind for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      It's so weird isn't it. I always used to ask the £5 question on my Friday Fives and it was always the hardest for people to answer - they could think of something for the house or for their children but not for themselves.

      Delete
  3. Great list of questions. My answers aren't terribly exciting I'm afraid but here goes: 1) Invisibility 2) Not sure about this one 3) Only as a child 4)Cold 5)I'm currently sitting in the rocking chair and to my left I can see next door's cherry tree just coming into blossom 6) Yes, we have a big wicker basket that we keep hats and scarves in by the front door and a beautiful old music stand from a skip outside an old church in London (it needed a bit of TLC) 7) Yes, but I haven't done it for a while 8) Yes, it took me a while to get the hang of it though 9)No, I don't think they do a veggie version do they? and 10) I'd probably do a charity shop run and if I couldn't find anything, then probably a copy of Country Homes and Interiors magazine and a bar of chocolate! That was fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you've had some good stuff from skips!

      I have never had Ikea meatballs either, but they do make a veggie ball now http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90309660/ They are served with jambalaya at the restaurant or they're available to take home from the food market.

      I think I'd have a peep in the c/s or go for the magazine and chocolate option too.

      Delete
  4. Good answers! Oooh, I like your questions- really intriguing! I WOULD answer those at some point! Must remember to come back!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you do, I can't imagine what your additional superpower would be!

      Delete
  5. I'll answer!

    1. If you had another superpower what would it be?
    I've been trying to cultivate this one: the ability to turn off the sound of people on phones/wailing kids/braying men in pubs - in fact anyone who is irritating me! No, I don't have much patience!
    2. And what would be your superhero weapon?
    The ability to travel, instantly.
    3. Have you ever danced around a maypole?
    Yes, as an infant school child in N. Devon.
    4. Would you rather be out in the cold or in the rain?
    Cold, preferably with sun and snow.
    5. What can you see if you look to your left now?
    Doors from my living room into the hallway.
    6. Have you ever taken anything from a skip?
    No, but not for want of looking.
    7. Can you skip (with a rope)?
    Used to be able to, not inclined to try at my age.....
    8. Have you ever been on a pogo stick?
    Yes, and loved it.
    9. Have you ever eaten Ikea meatballs?
    No, but their hotdogs are good.
    10. If I gave you £5 (or equivalent) to spend on yourself, what would you buy?
    A plant for my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent superpower!

      I know what you mean about the skip. Great answers, thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment