Thursday, 19 May 2016

All The Silver Linings

Spurred on by the baba ganoush success we tried roast aubergine the other night. For me it will be the first and only time, Dan liked it a lot and took what I didn't eat for lunch the following day. 

I think my window dressing duties have been taken from me, I was asked to "help" so I did but all my suggestions were declined. So that was a short lived pleasure, one less thing to have to think about though. 

Some five years after everyone else read it I finally got round to reading 


I think I didn't read it at the time as I was just so fed up with everyone telling me I should read it. When I saw it at the charity shop I nearly didn't buy it and considered checking to see if the library had it instead but then I thought "give some money to charity you tightwad" and splashed out a full pound. I'm glad I did as she is spot on with everything so far, I think it helps that we are the same age and (seemingly) from a not dissimilar background. 

I left my milk bottle at the shop yesterday so I have to venture out for it today, it all adds to the amount of weekly activity, and it's another nice day so I can wander along to have a look at the new beach huts.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book either. Sorry you don't have your window dressing duties anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a good time to think more about primping and cleaning my own house rather than worrying about somewhere else!

      Delete
  2. I've read that book and really enjoyed it too. She tells it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does, very refreshing.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, pics of the Beach hut please!!!

    ReplyDelete