Monday, 25 April 2016

Spending Warm Summer Days Indoors

Or, I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear. 

I wanted to go to the town on Friday, so I went to my wardrobe and found it was bare! We had plans to go out in the evening so I needed to keep my one pair of leggings and spare dress fresh for that. So I had to stay at home during the day as I couldn't put an outfit together! 

I couldn't believe it, that has never happened before. 

So I've taken the plunge and used some birthday money to buy some clothes, from a real shop no less. My problem is I needed basics, not something I'm very good at as they're just so boring. But I've ordered three tops and they should be here on Thursday, hopefully they'll do the trick, if not I'll return them when we go on the proper shopping trip on Saturday. I was under strict instructions from Dan not to say HOW MUCH? at any time! 

14 comments:

  1. A favourite phrase of mine. I do like to spend but only at the right price. I hope you enjoy your new clothes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm almost excited about their arrival.

      Delete
  2. I'd say your purging worked! I have a cloaet full and still feel nothing to wear but for me it's due to too much weight gain in awkward spots. Enjoy your new things as I bet you'll have for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I have very few tops, enough skirts but only three or four tops to go with them. Last week I wore a top under a dress one day as it was a bit chilly, the next day I wore a jumper over the top of a dress, so it reduced my opportunities for the rest of the week. There is no re-wearing when something has been in contact with a charity shop!

      Delete
  3. Do you buy many clothes from your charity shop ?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of things, but it's very rare that clothing in my style and size are donated. I tend to buy more bric a brac and books if I buy anything.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the treat, its nice occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I set aside my birthday money for just this occasion, I've just been waiting for something in a style that suits me to turn up.

      Delete
  5. Hope you managed to fill your wardrobe with some wonderful basics.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I am hopeful that these three tops will give my current clothes a new lease of life.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha ha!!!!!! You are so funny!!! I thought you had lots of clothes? I'm hopeless with basics too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too!

      It turns out I have six skirts but only four tops to go with them (and two of them are identical). So as soon as I wear a jumper over my short sleeved top, half my options have been used up!

      Delete
  7. That will happen if you live by the wear it out theory. You wake up one day and the closet is empty because you've worn them all out. I've got enough under and outer clothes that I don't have to wash a load of clothes or go naked. I do tend to wear out and clean out the closet though so I do find all my favorites are dirty at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really live by the wear it out theory to be honest. I have just had difficulty finding clothes that suit my body shape recently.

      If we have a nice summer I'll be fine as I've managed to pick up a fair few nice dresses, enough to keep me going all week.

      Delete