Skip to main content

Slow And Low, That's The Tempo

Can you believe I've seen off another laptop? After Big Grey chewed through the charging cable the other week I've been using the old laptop. Yesterday the power pack gave up! I'll buy a new charger next month, nothing I can do before then.


We are limping towards pay day, I'm very impatient as I want to get back onto an even keel. Not long now. From the start of next month Dan will pay himself £2 each time he cycles to work so we realise the saving from not using the car.


Today I have the pen and paper out, doing some sums, a little bit of planning and working out the menu for next month.


I've finished two books this week - The City And The City by China Mieville, and Six Years by Harlan Coben. Both were really enjoyable, I read Six Years in just over a day, so I'll look for more books by that author at the library. Hoping to read another two books while I'm computerless. We'll also be in the garden chipping away at the mess, and we're walking down to Lytham again this evening, pace of life is slowing nicely.

Comments

  1. I have a similar effect on mobile phones xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're limping towards payday too, and I have pen and paper by my side ready to do some figures. I've just started The Kite Runner and am enjoying it, but I've been making the most of the good weather by tidying the garden so time for reading has been curtailed this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we get to the end of this month we'll be back to normal, I think having the roof replaced at the start of the month has meant this month has seemed very long indeed.

      Hope you've been enjoying the time outside. I've been doing a few bits and pieces too, so nice to see everything waking up.

      Delete
  3. That's a good idea to put the saved money to one side so you can see something for it. I have a save the difference pot. I don't always put in what I save but more often than not I do. The biggest savings this year seem to be coming from the dog food. It used to be £7 per bag, it's been £5 for ages now. Bet I've just jinxed it haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harlan Coben is an excellent author. I have read a few of his novels.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Six Years, but not The City and The City.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really understand that The City and the City wouldn't be for everyone, it did take me a while to get through it. I found myself wanting to get to the bottom of the city story rather than the crime aspect.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear at least a rabbit hasn't helped it on its way this time. Hope you enjoyed your walk last night xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the silver lining to the computer cloud! The walk was lovely thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment