Thursday, 21 April 2016

Kitchen Rejig

Yesterday the kitchen cupboards were a mess. The type of mess where I could almost have found myself in a covered in a big pile of stuff like in a cartoon. It's because we have change our cooking and eating habits, but the kitchen cupboards have stayed the same. Things that used to dwell at the back of deep cupboards are now in frequent use so need to come forward, and old faithful dishes just aren't as busy these days.



This was the worst offender, full of large non-stacking items. the cupboard is a big one, but half of it is covered by the washing machine so it's not the easiest place to access. I decided to create some space for Dan's baking essentials, as they were the main issue.



I made space on the shelf where the cereal lived. Which meant I had to make space for the cereal in the pantry, which lead to creating baking area.



I put the little bits and bobs into a small loaf tin.



There was enough room to house the cereals, fruit, nuts and seeds, with a bit of a reshuffle. 



Which meant the cupboard I started with could be tidied.



22 comments:

  1. Looks much better and more accessible. It's good to move things around as your habits change. Like a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right, it's all about that feeling of lightness.

      Delete
  2. Seeing your after is motivating. I need to get to a large corner cupboard but it is awkwardly positioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kitchen was very badly fitted and poorly designed, so we have two barely usable cupboards.

      Delete
  3. This is something I must do again, I have done mine already but they are such a mess again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cupboards could do with a sort out, they are clean just not organized properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take much for them to become disorganised.

      Delete
  5. Nicely done. I may have to redo my baking cupboard as things have been moved around once again with the addition of the new stove.


    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can imagine a new stove means a bit of upheaval.

      Delete
  6. AH THAT IS SO MUCH BETTER! Good idea! Sorting cupboards is very therapeutic I find!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is therapeutic, like a life sized puzzle!

      Delete
  7. Another job done. What's next?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job. I think there are times when life changes and you need to stop and readjust your things whether it is the kitchen, bedroom drawers or bathroom shelves. We do change, and maybe we will change back, but if we do, we just rearrange again. Congrats on forward thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You're exactly right. There are so many times we stick with old routines and ways of working when changing is the easier option.

      Delete
  9. Makes all the difference when everything has a place doesn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. Dan is very happy not having to wrestle the mixing bowl out of the cupboard.

      Delete
  10. Today's jobs include sorting out my tins cupboard. There's so much stuff in there I can't see what I have! Probably about 14 tins of tuna and chopped tomatoes! Will do a stock take!
    My baking cupboard is in disarray too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stock take is always a good thing. Multiple tins of tomatoes sounds very familiar!

      Delete
  11. I do love a good cupboard tidy. Done loads of my own lately so it's nice to see somebody elses. xx

    ReplyDelete