Wednesday, 2 March 2016

You Can Go Back



I was going to go to the library before I went to the shop but the weather was a bit grim so I decided against it. I had one final flick through the library book I'd abandoned and decided to give it another try. I think it was a good decision, it follows on really well from The Secrets of Happiness, now I'm over the part describing removing eyes and burying them under trees and things I think I'll quite enjoy it. My other book is back on the shelf for now.

I also went back on the decision not to shop until Thursday. Dan was not in the mood to make things stretch and I was not in the mood to go to the shops twice so off we went. We went to our small supermarket this time round and it was fine, we managed to get hold of virtually everything on the list. So it means today instead of my planned lazy morning I had a morning of cooking

shepherdess pie, chickpea curry, chestnut stew/pie filling (mid cook)
I wonder what else I'll change my mind about today?

12 comments:

  1. You did have a busy morning cooking. Everything looks very tasty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a women'a prerogative to change her mind, especially about shopping! That all looks very tasty and what a productive way to spend a morning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you can have a few spare moments when you thought you would be cooking instead. I must try the chickpea curry, unsure if husband would eat it, he doesn't really like much meat but convincing him to be vegetarian is another matter. I must learn to make my own curry sauces by mixing spices, rather than buying a jar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time spent not cooking is good for me! I confess I used a paste with this curry, but using spice blends or making your own mix is far cheaper in the long run and you can have the curry exactly as you like it.

      Delete
  4. I love curry it is my fav. Could you post the Thyme chickpea recipe please. That would be a good one to add to our monthly menu plan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some lemon and thyme paste to use up so I'm going to do a version of this recipe

      http://freshthyme.com/recipes/lemony-early-spring-vegetable-and-chickpea-stew/

      I think I'll add some pearl barley or brown rice to make it a bit more hearty.

      Delete
  5. MmmI'd have liked a morning in your kitchen. Shepherdess pie?I'll need to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Shepherdess pie is like Shepherd's Pie only instead of lamb mince the base is made with vegetables, red and green lentils and a herby tomato sauce, topped with lots of lovely mashed potatoes. It's very hearty and filling, I always make double the amount as it's even better the following day when it's had time to sit in the fridge.

      Delete
  6. All your food looks great, I just wish I was as organised! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I don't enjoy cooking as much as some people in blogland so I tend to have a batch cook when I get the urge, it doesn't take me much longer than to make one meal and I know I'll always have something in the freezer when I have an off day!

      Delete