Skip to main content

Through Different Eyes

I'm sure most have you will have seen this Attic24 post before me, but I only saw it this morning, it's about a short break in Lytham St Anne's (but all pictures are St Anne's). The two places are lumped together but they're really different, Lytham is not as seasidey, but it is more pretty (and posher).

Perhaps not unsurprisingly was really interested to read it. Lucy is absolutely right, you might not spot Ashton Gardens if you're just mooching around town, but it is a nice spot. The rose garden is a lovely place to sit and read on a warm day. - yes, it's even sheltered from the wind! The beach ripples on the photographs illustrate perfectly the inspiration for the stitching I spoke about earlier.

It is sometimes really refreshing to see someone enjoy where you live and really see all the things you take for granted. I know it's impossible to enjoy a place where you have to buy toilet rolls, wait in for parcels and pay council tax as much as a place where you buy icecream, eat chips outside and get away from work, but someone else can light a fire under you to appreciate things a little more. 

Comments

  1. It took moving out of Portsmouth to even set foot in the historic dockyard for me! It's always interesting to see what others think of where we live xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are places close to our previous house that we never visited when we lived there, other than to go to the supermarket. Now, they're some of my favourite places to go.

      Delete
  2. That is true. Fresh eyes make a place fresh for us too!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to forget to look around.

      Delete
  3. I think we all get used to/take for granted what we have around us, so it is nice to see something from a different point of view. As I've said before we love St Annes, I did a post on it myself last year I think, when we took Tom. It's a beautiful place and you are lucky to live there, even if you do have to wait in for parcels and buy loo roll haha. Next time you go down to the beach buy an ice cream and think of me while you're eating it:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea that "it's impossible to enjoy a place where you have to buy toilet rolls". But I know what you mean; we often forget to look at our world with a stranger's eyes. Living in Liverpool, the tourist opportunities are immense, and yet we walk blindfolded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I grew up not far from Liverpool and other than school trips and nights out when I was older I never did the tourist things. Maybe we just think they'll always be there so there's no push to visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment