Skip to main content

The Dreaded Lurgy

I'm hoping for a quiet day today. At the charity shop yesterday it was chaos! People falling ill all over the place, I was the last one standing. I had to close up early as I found the manager lying on the floor in the workroom with a bucket just in case. It takes a brave or ill person to lie down on a charity shop workroom carpet! 

More stressful than that, as the manager was out of order I had to use the phone to book a taxi for one of the other volunteers. I am not a fan of using the phone, but I had no choice - and guess what, nothing bad happened. I burbled and then as if by magic a car turned up and took LJ home, success!

Dan is also struggling with a bit of something or other, I'm starting to suspect I will be next!

Comments

  1. Oh no. I hope you manage to avoid it. OH had the same thing a few months back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to have it at the minute, I hope it passes me by.

      Delete
  2. Tony came home with Man flu last night. He has gone to work today but I don't think he should have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, hope he's not too ill and keeps his germs to himself.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, I do hope you stay healthy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are Ok, that's the beauty of blogland you can't pass on your germs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. that list of blogland plus points just gets longer!

      Delete
  5. Do take care. It's not good being poorly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. There has been so much sickness already this winter. Hope Dan & yourself don't become to ill with it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, everyone seems to have had something or other over the past few weeks.

      Delete
  7. Oh nasty! I'm worried about even reading your blog post in case I catch it!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see from your replies that you've managed to remain well. And good on you for using the phone. To really hate doing something to the point that it causes you stress, for whatever reason, but still manage to do it shows great strength. Well done you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment