Tuesday, 29 March 2016

That Smell



Today is very much a get the sleeves rolled up and get cleaning type of a day. 

I am doing what I can at home, but the main bedroom now smells damp. Hopefully the weather will play fair next week and the new roof will go on, until then it's just a matter of doing what I can to keep the room as dry as possible and smelling not too bad. I appreciate the dehumidifier more than ever, it really is a hero product for me. 

My second stinky battle of the day is at the charity shop. I took a box of stuff yesterday and before I'd even got to the door I could smell that smell you know, the charity shop smell. It was awful, and certainly shouldn't happen before I even entered the building. This is the difference with having no manager, yes things are ticking over but the little things just aren't getting done. Today I'm going to do them. I did know the shop was more stinky than usual as a couple of customers commented last week and Dan said I smelled like a charity shop when I got home last Tuesday. So I'm hoping for a good bit of time to get the cleaning products out today. Should be fun!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, and really good to find you too. I know what you mean about the smell in charity shops - I'm afraid it totally puts me off! Catch you later! Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over to say hello. I spent four hours cleaning the shop yesterday, I have a few more things to do today then everything will have had the once over. My fellow volunteer even got the hoover out when I showed him how awful it was. The cover manager admitted it hadn't been done for "a couple of days", by days I think he meant since he took over!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We talked about buying one for quite a long time due to the expense, but it has been well worth it.

      Delete
  3. Our dehumidifier is on permanently in the cellar. It's a godsend

    ReplyDelete