Skip to main content

Needles and Shells



Dan has returned to work, on his bike, after a week off. It is great to be at home together, but I am am enjoy the luxury this morning of having the house to myself. 

Pillowcases and alfalfa seeds are soaking, everywhere is very tidy. The rabbits are starting to spend a little time in their new bed but are mainly sitting next to it, glowering, and I can get on with some stitching.

The thing I've started is based on something I did a few years ago (I think I mentioned it a few weeks ago), the first time I'd done any creative stitching for years, probably since I was at art college. That piece wasn't really suitable for use, so that's now my sketchbook and is providing me with loads of ideas. The inspiration for the whole thing, which at the minute is made up of four panels, is the beach, the ripples left in in the sand and the textures and items you see when wandering along in this place. I've just started adding some fabrics so it's at the fun, scruffy, unattractive stage before I get in there with my scissors. 


It may not come to anything, but it's lots of fun to do. 


Comments

  1. It looks very interesting. Keep us posted on progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it should keep me going in update posts for about the next five years!

      Delete
  2. It looks delightful and really delicate. Don't forget to post the finished result.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything has a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely! What a great thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we don't really have anything seasidey at the house so a little subtle something could be good.

      Delete
  5. Do you do this just for fun or do you sell what you make? It's just that it reminds me of a picture I had done by Josie Russell and I wondered if it's a little cottage industry of yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just for fun, I have never sold anything I've made and I rarely make things for other people. I have had a look at Josie Russell's work and it's very cute indeed.

      Delete

Post a Comment