Skip to main content

In The Garden


Wow, it's sunny!

I think I said we'd dug the lawn up a little while ago. Yesterday we covered it with some weed suppressant. It's going to look like this for quite some time as there will be scaffold and things around soon, and we won't be able to access the garage where all our bits and bobs live. 

It's giving us time to do a bit more planning about what to move where. I told my parents that I plan to put more shrubs in the border (to the right of the picture) so instead of Easter eggs we will be receiving a shrub each. I suppose it does represent new beginnings, life and that kind of thing so it's reasonably appropriate!

Comments

  1. A shrub is good, it will last much longer than chocolate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and you can't eat the shrubs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good idea, and I'm sure my parents will find a trip to the garden centre to be no real hardship!

      Delete
  3. I hope the tarp works. I hate weeds but I hate chemicals more where dogs and children will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we have the money the area will be covered with stones so hopefully the combination will really restrict the weeds.

      I don't like chemicals either, we don't use them at all, we lost all our broccoli last year to caterpillars, but it's a learning process so now we have netting, maybe that will help. I prefer butterflies to broccoli anyway.

      Delete

Post a Comment