Friday, 11 March 2016

A Different Corner

For some reason I woke up this morning with that George Michael song in my head, it makes a very good shower song! Don't worry, I didn't stay in a low beat mood, it was quickly replaced with Deeply Dippy by Right Said Fred. 

Anyway, both songs made me think about the roof, so I decided to not think about this corner of my bedroom


  and think about a couple of others that are a little bit nicer to me (nothing you haven't seen before).



This is my favourite corner as it's what I see when I wake up. I bought the tiny sliver mirror from the charity shop for £3.49, we haven't hung it up yet as we want to make sure everything is nice and dry before we start drilling and all that stuff. 


My other favourite corner, with the chest of drawers squeezed in, there's only just room for the curtains, but plenty of room for clothes. 


I love my little Eastgate Withernsea Pottery dish for my bits and bobs, it's the only thing that stops me from losing all the little things, when it gets too full it's time to have a sort out. 

You may have guessed, today is deep cleaning day in this room, I'll have lovely arms after all that scrubbing, now I just have to find some music to keep me going. 

16 comments:

  1. I have a small collection of Eastgate pottery, as they bought many of the old moulds from Hornsea Pottery. It was nice to see your dish in this post, as I think it might have been made from one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you're right. I'm not a massive fan of this type of thing really but I love the colour and it's ideal for keeping my necklaces in, plus the price was right!

      Delete
  2. I like your minimalist style. Looking around my rooms I feel I would like to declutter, but first some cleaning and refurbishment needed - a chore, but satisfying when done. Have a good day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have never been a good sleeper so a nice simple bedroom helps me a lot. It is satisfying to have a good clean and sort out. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  3. I am heading off to the church this morning. A group of us ladies are giving it a nice spring cleaning.

    I really need to give my house a good scrub down.... Perhaps in April when I can open the windows wide.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a pleasant way to spend a morning.

      Yesterday was a gorgeous day so I was able, for the first time in a while, to get the windows open and let some air in.

      Delete
  4. I love the colour of your walls in your bedroom. I have favourite corners of the house as well and as silly as it sounds, favourite times of day. There is a corner in our bedroom with a couple of tiny mould spots. I just close my eyes or like you look at another corner haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, looking the other way is a technique I employ. The wall colour is Farrow & Ball "Manor House Grey", I love it, as the house is south-west facing the room is still very light even though the paint is fairly dark.

      I have favourite times of day in the house too, when the light is just right and everything looks lovely.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, your Orange painting is v striking! Your house looks lovely!!! I really like grey walls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the grey walls, I know grey is a bit over in decorating terms now, but I don't care!

      The painting is a piece of screen printed fabric, it's another Shirley Craven design, the same as the two panels in our living room, this one is called "Phoenix" (1961).

      Delete
  6. That dish is so lovely - I really like the neutral colours.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, it's really useful and the ideal size for all those little items that tend to get lost.

      Delete
  7. I love your little dish, it looks like you have some interesting things in it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the charity shop manager spotted it and suggested it would look nice in my house. She was right! Although now I am getting the impression she sees me as a way to make more sales as well as volunteer :)

      Delete
  8. I love your orange artwork, fabulous! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a gift from Dan about five years ago, the colours are even more vibrant in the flesh, ideal against the grey.

      Delete