Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Use It Up - Back Of The Cupboard


A couple of budget stretchers today. I am running very low on laundry liquid and for some reason have promised myself that I'm not buying more this month. So I was very happy to dig out this part bag of powder, right from the back of the under sink cupboard. I seem to remember I wasn't in love with this product last time round, but it's just what I need at the minute, and I'm sure I'll discover I was just being daft when I decided I didn't like it anyway.

I've also been using the seed sprouter again. We had a few failures with a certain type of seed going fluffy. It was part of a seed mix, the rest sprouted normally but for some reason one type of seeds just wouldn't play ball. I've started again with a different type and so far, so good. We have a stirfry on the not menu plan this Friday so hopefully they'll be ready in time for that. You can probably just tell they've started to sprout already. 

Two small things, two things brought back into use, saving a few bob. 

10 comments:

  1. I use Astonish laundry detergent as it smells nice, ticks the ethnical boxes and is cheap AND I just discovered Ocado stock it which pleases me as they also sell other Astonish products. Our local 99p shop where I got all my Astonish cleaning things from rebranded as one of the pound shops and to my horror I found they don't sell that brand which is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's astonish liquid that's running low, you're right, it does smell delicious. My local cheap shop doesn't have a huge selection but Staples does, so I have all the choice I could want. Very annoying when you get used to one stockist then they have the cheek to change.

      Delete
    2. Staples! Ah ha! I never knew they sold it. That's good to know, as our nearest is right next door to Pets at Home and we go there monthly for bunny treats.

      Delete
    3. I know, it's not a place you'd automatically think of is it. I really like the lime and bergamot floor cleaner, it smells gorgeous and last for aaaaaages as it's so concentrated (and my house is small).

      Delete
  2. Have you ever tried making your own laundry detergent? It is much cheaper than buying what is in the stores, saves on packaging and you know exactly what is in it (no colorings, fragrances, extra chemicals, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been a source of great discussion over the years, it's one area where Dan puts his foot down and says a bit fat "NO". I don't know why but there you go!

      Delete
  3. that's good! I've been trying to use things up because of moving but my annoying husband keeps buying fresh stuff.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful when you can shop in your own cupboards.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, sometimes I almost think I do it on purpose :)

      Delete