Skip to main content

Treats Galore


This month I aimed to lower our grocery budget and use things up from the pantry and freezer. We are very nearly at the end of the month and I was surprised and happy to discover I was under budget by nearly £60. Considering we have been to two gigs and had a night out which I paid for I am very impressed. We didn't do a "proper" shopping trip this week, just bought a few bits and bobs, other than some bunny greens we won't need anything until the next planned trip on Thursday, the freezer is still well stocked with the batch of meals I made the other week.

Today we went to Blackpool, mainly to go to the art gallery but also to nip into Wilko, for some reason I love having a look round, although we don't often buy anything. We decided to buy some weed fabric and pegs to help with the new bit of garden, some crisps, and some sweets for in the car. We also went to the pound shop and I bought two shrubs to fill out one of the borders, this came to just over £15. 

We went to Grundy Art Gallery for a specific reason, the gallery was having a sort out and they found a piece by Paul Nash, it had been hidden away in a drawer since the 1970's, now it is on display for a short time. It is wonderful, a real treat. If you've not seen it before, here's a clip from a BBC4 show about Paul Nash and his war art. If you get the chance to nip into the gallery in Blackpool (free entry) it is well worth it (in my opinion).

Comments

  1. I love shopping in Wilkos, there are always some bargains to be had. I think I will get some of the black currants for the allotment. Will pop over to watch the clip now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do well there for gardening things, especially when the seed sale is on.

      Delete
  2. You're doing v well!!! Im glad you got to see that art work!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice when you are under budget, more money for treats x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really surprised how much less we are spending. There will be less spending again next month hopefully.

      Delete
  4. Catching up with your posts this week I think you've had a good one at work, home, out and about. A browse around and shop for garden needs in Wilko and a visit to the art gallery for a specific reason sounded good. I expect you found the work by Paul Nash that turned up in a drawer interesting. You're fortunate that the gallery is near enough for you to visit. I shall look at the video clip later today. Tomorrow I'm going to the art galleries in Sheffield. There are several lunchtime talks each month relating to the collections or exhibitions that change each season. I hope you're having a good weekend and the coming week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I was having a look at some of the talks at the Sheffield galleries yesterday when I was starting to plan our trip. We're visiting to see the Bridget Riley exhibition in the next month or so.

      Delete
    2. The talk that I was going to on Bridget Riley at the Graves was cancelled due to staff illness and will be rescheduled - not sure when yet and, of course, the exhibition is on until 25 June.

      Delete
    3. Shame the talk was cancelled, hope you are able to attend the rescheduled one. Thanks for letting me know the end date. There's so much we want to see this year, hopefully we'll fit it all in.

      Delete
  5. We were in Blackpool yesterday and on our way home past the gallery and was think that it's been whilst since L and I last went in there and that we must do it again soon. Probably be the summer before we get the chance to go.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what's planned for the summer at Grundy, I'll certainly give it a go, whatever it is.

      Delete
  6. I love a poke round my local Wilkisons store, my favourite is the reduced plants section, I bought some herb plug plants that should have been £3 for 10p at the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reduced plants and seed sales are the best there. I always do well, enjoy your herbs.

      Delete

Post a Comment