Skip to main content

Totes Awks

Yesterday we went to collect the Shirley Craven panels. As it turned out they were far bigger than we expected and we could fit them in the car. 

When we arrived at the house to collect them Dan went in on his own then came back to call me in. As soon as I walked into the house I knew something odd was about to happen. As I looked around it dawned on me where we were. 

The fabric sellers are two of my old art college tutors. 

I was 18 at the time and in all honesty a bit a lot of a prat. So seeing them all these years later was very odd, especially when one of them kept turning away saying "I can't look at you, it's so weird, you look the same!". Was there a compliment hidden in there somewhere?

It was also quite funny that they'd hung one of the panels on their own wall and decided they quite liked it there. In the end I had to phone Father to come to collect the panels and take them to his house. So we had to hang around for another 45 minutes until he showed up, rolling his eyes and giggling at me. Can you imagine being 41 years old, sitting in the home of your teacher and having to have your dad come round to bail you out?

Dan thought my discomfort was hilarious. 

Comments

  1. lovely post, I was giggling all through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take it as a compliment.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that is a bit embarrassing!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, although they were very nice. We had coffee and chatted about art and things, they showed us some of their fabrics and we chatted about John Piper, well worth the trip.

      Delete
  4. this is very amusing - did your teachers look any older? On the occasions I see an old teacher they look the same age...but I guess when you are young everyone over 30 looks old...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know what you mean. They did look older, but they didn't look as different as I do after the same amount of time, despite what my teacher said.

      Delete

Post a Comment