Friday, 12 February 2016

The End, Again.



I have to apologise and clarify something about yesterday. Due to my just writing and not editing style I was unclear and lead some of you to think that I was telling you we'd become debt free. We haven't. Well, we are but it didn't happen this decade. But thank you for all your kind words anyway, even if I didn't deserve them.

The debt freeness was just an example of the slow burn of an ending. What has actually happened to me recently is the other thing I mentioned, the bad kind of end where it's the end of a nice thing. It doesn't make the thing less nice though, in time.

The book I'm currently reading has really helped with this, the author is talking about happiness and how Marcus Aurelius saw it as a wrestle and not a dance standing "prepared and unshaken to meet what comes and what we did not forsee". A friend helped too, with a photograph of the sky, it made me get out into the garden to do some tidying, enjoy all the new life poking through and not to worry about all my vegetable growing failures last year. There's no point in learning a hard lesson if I'm not going to do anything with it.







4 comments:

  1. Just looking at your beautiful Christmas Rose makes me happy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful isn't it. It's tiny but full of buds, I love it.

      Delete
  2. That rose is gorgeous. Even if you're not debt free, I still find your posts and tips great!

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie. We are debt-free, it happened about 10 years ago :)

      Delete