Skip to main content

Needs vs. Needs


For the past little while I've been making all these bold claims about wanting/needing some new clothes. I am always wearing the same few things. Other than a few unstructured peeks on the charity shop rails I hadn't done anything about it because I just didn't want to spend the money. 

Of course as everyone already knows I didn't need anything new at all. What I needed was to get my paws in the sink and do some handwashing, what I needed was to get the sticky tape out and get the bits of washed tissue off my blue cardigan, what I needed was to get the iron out (yes, I know there will be some non-ironers here, I used to be one myself), what I needed was to get to the bottom of the laundry bag. 

So for the cost of some electricity I have more than doubled my wearable winter/spring wardrobe. Surprise surprise - doing things gets things done. I have finished the bottle of laundry liquid, but still have some of the bag of powder left, so I managed to get to the end of the month without buying anything. 



I still don't need to go shopping, but I do need to clean the fridge!

Comments

  1. You did well getting the fridge eaten down. Cleaning will be a breeze.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it took me longer to wrestle the shelves into place than it did to do the rest of the cleaning.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I can relate to this post! I have heaps of rumplef clitges that need tending. Thanks for sharing your perspective. Now I need to follow your example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As usual it was making the decision to do it that was the hardest bit!

      Delete
  3. So much easier to clean the fridge when it's virtually empty and feels good to put your newly bought food into a clean and organised fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't be shopping for another few days so it should be clean and empty-ish for quite a while yet.

      Delete
  4. I couldn't be so disciplined with a fridge, as most of stuff we eat comes from the fridge. Husband wouldn't eat pulses, so I have to cook them separately for me if I want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually we eat mainly from the fridge, but at this time of year batch cooking works for us.

      Delete

Post a Comment