Skip to main content

A Warm Glow

We're a little bit wonky but the Kaplan panels are up.


Luckily for us we were able to use the hooks from the old pictures, each panel is the same size as two of our previous pictures. The one on the right is about 2cm lower than the one on the left, so we'll have to have a little tweak. 


It's a little hazy this morning but there they are, pride of place above the rabbit pen, where else would they go? (for scale, the rabbit pen is 8ft/2.4m long)

This, however is my favourite view, it's the first glimpse I get when I open the door at the top of the stairs. 


I think the red Ikea fleece we use to cover the buns really sets it off a treat!

The rain is back so I'm going to enjoy the orange glow from my new gift and get on with some sewing, listen to the football on the radio and hopefully finish my current book - The Secrets of Happiness by Richard Schoch. I had started a library book Invisible by Philip Ball but I just didn't get on with it at all, I think Dan may enjoy it though. 

Yesterday I made a big vat of chilli, a chickpea tagine type thing, some lentil bol and roasted a celeriac we bought for 29p on Thursday. Tonight I'm going to brave the jackfruit, I have no idea what to expect so we shall see. Have a good weekend if you can!

Comments

  1. Your warm looks lovely , such a dramatic colour scene. The tagine sounds delicious. We are on with pizza tonight. I'm sewing too. Love a rainy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the colours, we have a lot of orange around the house.

      Hope you enjoyed your pizza, I think we might have to make one soon, I love it every now and again.

      Delete
  2. I approve - very striking. What a great start to each day, walking downstairs and drinking in that warm glow.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the colours. The panels really brighten things up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, they really do pack a punch.

      Delete
  4. I've never even heard of a jackfruit so I'll definitely be back to see what you did with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted about it today, it was certainly different!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your new panels. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful pop of colour! They look fab x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment