Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Simple Pleasure



Along with the XXL savings tin MIL bought me another very useful thing, a notebook. There are many things to love about it, firstly it's a notebook and that's always a good thing, secondly the cover is a nice colour, thirdly it's a cheapy with thin paper which make a very pleasing sound when I flick through. But at the minute the most important thing for me are the see-through flaps at the front and back. They are ideal for me to keep my coupons and vouchers. 

I'm using this book to keep my pantry lists, menu plan, shopping lists and spending diary. So having the vouchers to hand makes things lots easier, plus they're not going to languish in the junk drawer for me to find when they've expired. 

I am far too happy about this.

10 comments:

  1. I have also started a spending diary, I must keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be an eye opener, hope it's useful to you.

      Delete
  2. You just have to love a new notebook!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something so exciting about it!

      Delete
  3. It's a great idea to keep everything together. My purse is full of vouchers - but I usually forget to use them when I'm going through the check out!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been my problem, I know it's only been a week but it seems to work for me, hopefully it will last.

      Delete
  4. That's a great present!!! Hurrah!! Oh and did you mean you'd go back to bed because of the silliness of the loo roll ban or because of my poor subject choice!!!?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the silliness of the ban. Just when you think you've heard it all!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of keeping meal plans, shopping lists and coupons/vouchers all in one book. I have a book I picked up for pennies at a thrift shop because it has a pen attached and I knew I would find a use for it. Now I've found that use. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news, I hope it works for you. Thanks for reading.

      Delete