Skip to main content

No Day At The Beach




Yesterday the doorbell rang and it was the roofer, he'd got a few feww ours and nipped by to see if I wanted the chimney sorting out. Of course I said yes so he got on with it and I went out, of course I made him a cup of tea first. Dan had also asked him about something else to do with the roof so he said he'd have a look. 

I decided to have a stroll to the beach as there was plenty of time before my stint at the charity shop, as the tide was really far out, so far I couldn't see the sea at all just a few large puddles, I wandered out to this structure, what's left of the pier's landing jetty. 



looking back towards the pier and town

The pier, as you can tell, used to be far longer but much of it was destroyed by fire years ago. 

I had a bit of a wander around, and although the beach looks pretty empty from these pictures there were plenty of people around, mainly dog walkers but there was lots of life. 


Although I didn't have time to walk all the way over, on my way back to the town I could see the council workers putting everyone's old Christmas trees to work as part of the sand dunes management system. 

Dan returned home from work last night having spoken to the roofer. The chimney is fine, but we need the rest of the roof replacing. Somehow I don't think I'm getting a new kitchen this year!

Comments

  1. Love the jetty pictures! It looks quite surreal sat out there alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a bit surreal to walk so far out and see this little structure.

      Delete
  2. I'm currently waiting for our 'roof man', he said he would call Wednesday and I'm sure there's no point coming to look after dark!!! Such a shame you need a new roof, these jobs are never so simple. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have some joy with the roofer. Ours has come back to us with the quote, we'll just have to grin and bear it. Bread and water anyone?

      Delete
  3. I love beach structures like piers!!! My husband and I walked along Southend pier earlier this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of them and I'm so glad ours wasn't demolished after the fire, but I don't enjoy walking over the boards when the tide is in. I dislike bridges too for the same reason. My ambition is to get to the end of North Pier in Blackpool without having a panic attack :)

      Delete

Post a Comment