Skip to main content

Getting Through It

Having Chris and Holly here over New Year went very well, thank you to everyone for your kind comments about my buffet - we're still eating it! Holly emptied their fridge and brought it over so they didn't return to anything stinky. On Thursday evening we ate some of the things I'd made and she made lasagne. Dan ate the last of that yesterday. They also brought a bottle of gin and a couple of other bits and bobs, so between us we had a lot to eat and drink!

We ate and sat around chatting, it's not that often we are all together without the rest of the family, so we came to the conclusion we'd rather stay in and catch up than go out into the windy evening. It was great - and we saved so much money! The following day they went for a walk on the beach and we met them for drinks later, it's always good to have a bit of time to yourself when you're staying with people I think. We were going to go out for a meal but as there was so much food left we came home, watched tv and ate from the fridge. 

It was just what was needed as I've had a bit of a cold and was pretty worn out. 

I have also managed to cross a few things off my shopping list, I was after some smartish shoes and bought some Crocs in the sale, half price, they are so comfortable and good for my knee so I am delighted. We had some cash to spend in TK Maxx and we decided to put a pamper box together, so we chose some really nice body stuff (plus basics like nail clippers). The money we didn't spend on going out has gone into savings and the change from the money we did spend is in the giant change jar. 

Today I am working on a big shopping list. We received yet more supermarket vouchers through the post yesterday so I'm juggling our list and when we'll need things with offers, vouchers and expiry dates. I think it's going to work, even if it does mean visiting three shops this week, luckily I have a lot of space to store toilet paper and rabbit litter. I'm using my favourite mechanical pencil to write the lists, given to me when I went to college in 1994 by Father, the leads are the same age - now that's value for money!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. Now back to normal routine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. I am very happy we're back to normal now.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad it went so well! Hurrah for being able to use up food you had! We went to a swing dance ball and only bought one drink as they charged us £16.80 for 2 drinks. I wish I'd just refused to pay and left them on the bar but I was stunned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie. Nights out are expensive!

      Delete
  3. I hope that you're soon feeling better from the cold. We've had a horrible one go round the whole family over Christmas and it's still taking a bit of time to clear. All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's not too bad, more annoying than anything, hope you're all back on top form soon.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year - sounds like a great new year's eve.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds as if you had a lovely few days. We never go out over the New Year as usually it is too cold, stormy and I don't trust the other drivers.

    Good for you getting a few items stroked off your list. I love the idea of a "Pamper" box.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thank you. I know exactly what you mean about not trusting other drivers, we saw a couple of near misses on our travels recently.

      Delete

Post a Comment