Skip to main content

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week



A few things this week.

We have been using our vouchers, at the minute it feels lie we're overshopping but we're buying things to last for a few months so I'm planning bargain basement shopping next month to make up for the extra spending*. 

I needed a birthday card so went to the cheapy card shop in the town, I used to use the independent one, but it closed last year. I picked up a card for 59p thinking it was a good price then the lady at the counter told me I could pick another four cards and it would only cost me a pound! Fantastic. So I have cards for all the children for the year. 

My brother passed the Owen Jones book onto us when he visited last week, we'll both read it so it's very much appreciated. 

Dan has been after a bluetooth speaker for ages, we saw one in the sale the other day at the supermarket so he went off and did a bit of research and decided it would be good for his needs. It was £20 which meant even before we'd bought our bread and veg we could use our £4 off £20 voucher. We also went to Booths and used my 86p loyalty card voucher, plus a £1.50 off £10. We also bought 4 packs of part bake ciabatta for 29p each. 

Oh and I found a pound coin in my bag. 

*I say extra spending, it's the same budget, just more stuff!

Comments

  1. I think you're spending very wisely and storing up savings for the future by buying some things now using available offers or vouchers. It saves separate trips to the shops for the cards anyway. I often buy a few in at a good price when I see them and they always get used at some point.

    The Owen Jones book sounds very interesting. I'll have to look out for it in the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I put the cards somewhere sensible and remember where they are then it will be a great deal!

      Delete
  2. I'm doing the 52 week money challenge so that £1 would be week one, £2 week two, £3 week three and so on. If I stick with it I should have £1378 saved on week 52.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's a really good idea, good luck with that.

      Delete
  3. Last Monday I lost my 'trolley £1' somewhere in the shopping bags. Last night Mark found it when he started to cut up the pineapple. It had got stuck in the middle of the leaves and I'd missed it all week. Isn't it lovely to get a little 'bonus'?! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! What a place to find it.

      It is always good to have a little bonus like that.

      Delete
  4. Great deal on the cards!!

    I do wish we had something like the vouchers you get. Instead every once in awhile one or other of the stores in the big city print a coupon (voucher) for x amount off of a $100.00 shop.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's amazing to me that things can be so inexpensive.

      Most of the time we don't spend enough to take advantage of offers like this but I had enough time in advance to jiggle the shopping lists that it might just work.

      Delete

Post a Comment